DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas to All. . . . .

If you are one of the few who have not viewed this Flash Mob event (below) in a Mall near Niagara Falls, Ontario I invite you to listen to it now and let it raise your Christmas Spirit.
(It has been viewed more than 6 million time, some kind of a record).

I like these Flash Mob events when they are well done. They are a celebration in song or dance or drama performed in the midst of everyday like to the delight of the impromptu audience.

Sadly they are sometimes co-opted when a company puts them on as Air Canada did recently in the Vancouver Airport or when they are pubicized ahead of time so that the venue is overcrowded and may have to be vacated for fire regulations, (which has also happened.)

This video is a seasonal delight. How much better than the annoying usual Mall Muzak.






My Great Dane, Heidi, wants to send you all this winter video to cheer you up at Christmas.
(If I can only get her to stop laying her head on on keyboard) I might have made a video of her enjoying the snow except we do not have very much and " her long legged ellegance" is not one to roll and jump in the snow. She is a mellow tip toe around kind of dog in the cold snow. So we hope you enjoy the antics of Bailey and the singing of Harry Connick, Jr.







Merry Christmas/Joyeux Noël/Feliz Navidad !

Natale Hilare et Annum Faustum!

9 Comments:

At 4:29 p.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Great Philip. I had heard about the mall one but hadn't yet seen it. It moved me, but I am easily moved -- a sentimental slob am I.

The second was delightful. Makes me wish I could be a mutt for an hour.

 
At 4:29 p.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Oh ... and Merry Christmas.

 
At 4:52 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

Happy Christmas (as they say here in Britain) to you--Philip.

 
At 11:43 p.m., Blogger Caddie said...

Merry Christmas, Phillip.

Speaking of enthusiasm! As AC said, watching Bailey was delightful. I laughed so hard as I wondered where this was filmed.

Ye gads, there is a storm heading my way; I don't relish the ordeal although many will love it. Its cold as whiz here, the moist kind.

 
At 1:09 p.m., Blogger amelia said...

Happy Christmas to you Philip. I have seen this many times and never tire of it. My youngest granddaughter is entranced by it too!!

I have stomach flu so it's bed for me I'm afraid.

Are you going to Mississauga any time soon or will Lynne come here?

 
At 6:04 p.m., Blogger possum said...

Oh what fun! I think Bailey is like a kid learning to swim under water for the first time!
Thanks - these videos were the bright spots in my day!
The snow is coming down here... the ground is covered - and it is just the beginning... supposed to snow all day tomorrow.
Called my family in the Poconos - guess what? NO SNOW! Go figure!

Thanks for bring me a smile or 2!

 
At 12:51 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

The flash mob does a fabulous job and Baily wathe unknown reindeer is hilarious to watch. Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas and Happy boxing day!

 
At 2:49 a.m., Blogger Gattina said...

I hope you had a very nice Christmas !
I think you didn't look at the modern story of Christmas it is here : http://gattinawritercramps.blogspot.com/2010/12/digital-christmas-modern-times.html

 
At 1:39 a.m., Blogger Unknown said...

Some students thus ask help from coursework writing services. there are many reasons why students use coursework writing service help. Their tutor or teacher is not providing them adequate study materials or support.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home