DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I shall be thinking about family and friends in the United States as the are sitting down and sharing the traditional Thanksgiving feast. As usual, I will read some passages from Bradford's Journal to focus my thought on that "First Thanksgiving". I have many memories of my years in the United States sharing this holiday with American friends. They were great occasions for me.























It is hard to fully appreciate Thanksgiving as it celebrates an ideal rather than a reality. "Freedom and justice", is an ongoing struggle. It should be a sadness to us all that one great Nation was created at the price of the destruction of the people and culture of the Nations of the native Americans. They are owed a debt that can never be paid.

1 Comments:

At 10:44 p.m., Blogger John and Carol said...

We ate our Thanksgiving with Frank from Alberta and talked of your wonderful country today. Thanks for wishing all of us here Happy Thanksgiving.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home