DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Friday, November 26, 2010

Could Winter be far Behind?

Well, finally we got a little snow that might stick around. Last night there was some freezing rain and then some snow (the ice crystal type). This morning the temperature is -10C. Today will be beautiful with clear skies and sunshine to contrast with the white snow covering the ground.


















Looking up the road. How about a visit!


















My backyard. Hey! what happened to all the wood I had piled.


















I have started my wood cook stove to warm the kitchen. The cats seem to like it as a place to keep warm.



















I managed to move the wood into the basement before the snow. I will need more but this should get me through until March. I will be skidding the rest out of the bush soon so I can work away on cutting, splitting and piling it outside.

Time to rush out and make an angel in the snow. :) Don't you just love Winter!

Posted by Picasa

14 Comments:

At 9:41 a.m., Blogger Caddie said...

Good,good post! Cozy cats - good too. Nothing like a woodstove in a kitchen. There's one in Lynn's basement, white enameled. A warm fire means the most when its looking as your place does. BUT it makes me shiver as I viewed the snow. I'm such a wimp. Its dropping here now, about 45F, 27F tonight. I relish cold not in the least. I want to see a picture of that snow angel too.
Gosh, you have put in some hard labor with that woodpile; very admirable.

 
At 10:21 a.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It looks much the same here this morning. I had to call Cuppa over to laugh delightedly with me at the cats on the stove.

 
At 10:25 a.m., Blogger Peggy said...

Wish I could visit! Would be out there walking in the winter wonderland then come in and join the cats by the stove. Beautiful!

 
At 4:05 p.m., Blogger possum said...

Oh, MY! How beautiful... and I LOVE the cats on the stove. We used to have an old one like that. Boy it gave off some heat.
Beautiful pics, as usual.
It was 64 here a little while ago. Drove to the PO with the van window down... it is now 56 an hour later... They are warning us we might have a freeze tonight. So, I picked my green tomatoes a little while ago. Covered the other tomato plants... hoping to keep them until Xmas.
Waiting for the picture of the snow angel...

 
At 9:59 p.m., Blogger John and Carol said...

Yes, I love it--here in Arizona, not the snow I used to love. But the snow is beautiful and I'm glad you enjoy it. Loved the photo of the cats.

 
At 11:55 a.m., Blogger Unknown said...

I'm at about 45 degrees North latitude, how 'bout you? We had a vicious cold snap here this week. Sure is pretty, though. I like winter right up until it should be over, which I think should be March at the latest. Nice cook stove.

 
At 11:58 a.m., Blogger Unknown said...

PS: Looks like you're having cat for dinner again. Oh well, that's better than possum!

 
At 9:41 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got some wood into the basemment! What a cozy post. I can almost smell the wood stove. My grandmother cooked on one, so I remember.

 
At 1:15 p.m., Blogger amelia said...

That must have been a lot of work getting that all into the basement!! I bet you were sore after doing all that!
Love the kitties and the warm stove, they look so cosy and warm!!

 
At 12:44 p.m., Blogger Rachel said...

Oh, what a winter wonderland!!!

The cats are enjoying that heat! My oldest brother has a wood cook stove and they love it. (No cats there though). Another brother just got a wood cook stove and are just installing it.

You go through a lot of wood during the winter. I pass a home about a mile from here and they have wood stacked up by their fence for about 100 feet long and looks about 5 1/2 feet high! A lot of wood that is!!

Enjoy your beautiful winter wonderland! I don't think winter is far behind at all!

 
At 6:50 a.m., Blogger J C said...

Um, sure, I love winter. As long as it stays on your blog. I'm afraid I'm too spoiled to Florida winters with sunshine and warm breezes. I'll just visit you for the snow. Those kitties look like they might get their fannys burned!

 
At 7:49 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

Here's another vote for winter. I love the cold. And snow, please give me snow.
Hmmm-do your cats ever get burned?
Take care--with all that wood hauling, splitting, etc.

 
At 10:20 p.m., Blogger Caddie said...

It will drop to 11F tomorrow night. Can I come sleep beside your cats? and do you have any hot chocolate? I can do marshmallows too. Seriously now, I bet your place is nice and toasty. I bet you will be having more snow this weekend. We are. Storm;s a'comin. Dec. 10th

 
At 9:29 p.m., Blogger Loretta said...

What are you doing, or where are you? It's been 2 weeks since your last post and I'm wondering what your up to! Hope everything is ok.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home