DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Friday, July 24, 2009

A Few Meadow Flowers Along the Road

One of the pleasant things to do this time of year is to walk along the road and admire the many wind flowers (I prefer not to call them weeds). Below are some of the most colourful and easily identifiable. You not only can see them but you can smell them. I don't think this added sensation would be experienced in more urban areas if you did locate some along your manicured roads or pathways.

Below are just a few of my favourites. There are so many more. One of the things that surprised my friend Veronica when she visited from Florida were the great displays of meadow flowers along the road, in the pastures and hay fields. She said there were not the same variety of flowers in Florida. I have not enough experience in Florida to know if this is true or not.

Some of the legumes below are escapees from hay fields after years of hauling hay along the road.There are also truly wild legumes (A legume as a plant that has the property of fixing nitrogen in the soil. Most are members of the pea family)

I have include the French names as I think it is nice to know the names my neighbours may use to identify these plants.

Most of these plants have some medicinal or food value.

(click on photo to enlarge)


















Birdsfoot Trefoil


Prickly Wild Rose/Rosier Aciculaire

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home