DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Saturday, July 04, 2009

All The Best on The Fourth of July



This being the Fourth of July, Independence Day, I am flying Old Glory on my porch to salute my American friends and family. I hope you have a lovely day with family and friends around the barbecue.
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 9:24 a.m., Blogger KGMom said...

Happy 4th of July to you, Philip.
Your tribute to US independence is most touching.
I don't have a Canadian flag in my possession--so I didn't fly one on July 1. Sorry.
But it's nice to know that one American and one Canadian can be friends!

 
At 11:01 p.m., Blogger Rachel said...

I think it's great that you have an American flag and you're flying it!! I love the photo with the flag on one side and a bell on the other. I hope that you are having a wonderful weekend too!

 
At 6:54 a.m., Blogger J C said...

Thank you Philip, for flying our flag. There are a lot of Canadian flags that fly around here. Well, it's a tourist beach town and the motels cater to mostly Canadians. Most people I have contact with are from England or Canada...Nova Scotia...etc.

I wish more people would remember what this holiday really is. Too many people think it's a day for just excessive eating and drinking.

I read your post about M. Jackson. I totally agree, especially with the last paragraph.

And now the news will probably be filled for weeks to come with the loose cannon Palin. I wish she would make sense when she speaks. One always has to digest her words for hours before one figures out exactly what was said.

Sigh.........I'm going back down in my rabbit hole now! xoxoxo

 
At 9:01 a.m., Blogger Peggy said...

hope you are enjoying your visitors visit and hope you get to NC to visit your brother and my family and I

 

Post a Comment

<< Home