DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Sunday, July 05, 2009

I Can't Help Myself

I promised myself I would leave the MJ story alone after my brief previous comments but I just could not help myself when I saw the following cartoons by Ygreck.





































Ygreck is a French Canadian political cartoonist. His work is not often presented for English speaking audiences. Some cartoons require some facility in French. I think he is very funny and skilled. Most often he does cartoon with Canada and the French Canadian community in mind. Occasionally he cannot resist commenting about a wider world when it is of interest to his audience. If you want to see some more of his work visit his web site http://ygreck.typepad.com/ I love his caricatures of Canadian politicians.

Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

At 11:01 a.m., Anonymous daffy said...

I tried to stifle my giggles but failed... there are some creative and clever minds out there!

 
At 11:20 a.m., Blogger KGMom said...

Yes, Philip--I had the same thought as the second cartoon. Poor Farrah's death was absolutely forgotten in all the absurd hullaballoo over Michael Jackson. I was never a fan of his, and was appalled at his incredibly naive if not outright criminal behavior where young boys were concerned. Now he is being lauded--PLEASE!

 
At 1:45 a.m., Blogger Gattina said...

I don't agree at all with what you wrote about Michael Jackson. Yes, he was a very unhappy person and this child abuse thing was soo disgusting, in Europe nobody believed it ! I have seen Michael Jackson together with my son when he was 15 here in Brussels. He was a real talented dancer, singer and what a performance ! I really thought he puts all his soul in his show. When we came out I was standing besides a big black limousine. Sitting in there was a small person looking so lonely. After a moment I realized that it was Michael himself. I don't know why but suddenly I really felt pity for him.

 
At 5:52 p.m., Blogger amelia said...

The cartoons are funny!

It's too bad that he died the same day as Farrah but I guess her death was expected whereas his was sudden and unexpected. I'm only guessing again that this was the reason for her death being forgotten in all the Jackson hoopla.

 
At 10:46 p.m., Blogger Tom said...

I laughed along with these cartoons and others that I have seen.

I can not remember the last time so many jokes were flying around concerning some one dying. I'm sure there's a name for such jokes.... I imagine it would be something like 'Urban Jokes' some can be well over the top, but many are very funny for the wit, if not the subject.

Hope you are well my friend.

 
At 1:51 p.m., Blogger possum said...

I guess the cartoons would be funny if it were not so sad - not the death of MJ, but his life - his loneliness - his obvious misery with appearance. I cannot judge what he did or did not do with boys, I obviously was not there... but I remember his father mentioning when MJ was a kid having him neutered to maintain his high voice. I have often wondered if he did it and it that was the source of Michael's anger. It would also help explain his "arrested" development in other areas of his life. Who knows, maybe they were just"sleep-overs!" Kid stuff.
I, personally, did not care for his music or dancing, being of a more classical (old fogey) type.

 
At 5:06 p.m., Blogger Ginnie said...

Actually I think Michael would have loved the Neverland Ferris Wheel cartoon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home