DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Down by the Riverside



















A place to sit and let the stream of life move on down the river.


















"Come on ! Big fella, sit down and rest a while."



















The Temagami River as it moves on downstream



















View from the porch swing




















The cabin in a shady riverside glade among some elm trees. South facing, it get the morning sun.


While the cabin is only about 1/4 of a mile, from the house, across my property, it is largely out of sight, being located on the slope of the river cut. It seems so secluded here. It is a good place to sit and contemplate.

I have been spending a little time here with Heidi working on some interior work on the cabin which never seems to get done. It is nice to go for a swim a couple of times a day whenever I work up a sweat.

15 Comments:

At 9:05 a.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I remember this from other years. What a great spot!

 
At 10:40 a.m., Blogger Gattina said...

What a beautiful place ! and such a nice picture of Heidi !

 
At 11:34 a.m., Blogger possum said...

A bunch of us were discussing places of Peace, Quiet - real get aways where one could spend some serious time in solitude, in tranquil contemplation, and your cabin immediately came to mind.
How fortunate you are to have such a place. It always draws me to it when I see the pictures. Calming...
Thanks for sharing again.
Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

 
At 12:30 p.m., Blogger Tom said...

Philip I have just shown this to Jane... ha! Expect a visitor soon she as fallen in love with the place and is up stairs now packing.. ha!.. It really is a beautiful looking cabin set in a perfect place for peace and quiet.

Today my blogs show Road Names and Grandchildren Play
Have a great weekend
Tom

 
At 2:31 p.m., Blogger Loretta said...

I would love to sit in that swing and watch the river.

 
At 9:55 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

Philip--your riverside cabin looks like a place of great calm and rest. I am glad you are able to take time to enjoy.

 
At 7:00 a.m., Blogger J C said...

I thought I lived in Paradise but I was wrong. You do! xoxo

 
At 2:36 p.m., Blogger Ginnie said...

It looks like heaven to me. I love the fact that you can share it with us less fortunates ... I almost feel like I'm there.

 
At 7:40 p.m., Blogger @JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

Looks like paradise to me! I too remember your previous pics of the cabin, and long for such a space of my own. You are lucky!

 
At 12:29 a.m., Blogger Gretchen said...

Looks like the place I've always dreamed of living. Just my own little utopia from the crazy world. :)

 
At 10:52 a.m., Blogger Peggy said...

what a wonderful place to spend time. I would not want to leave

 
At 10:52 a.m., Blogger Peggy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:18 p.m., Blogger amelia said...

What a wonderful spot! I'm so jealous!! We looked at a place on the Sturgeon river recently but the house was disgustingly filthy. It needed to be torn down and rebuilt but the river front was flood plain and couldn't be built on so we wouldn't have had a river view anyway and that's what I really, really want!!!

 
At 10:47 p.m., Blogger Mary said...

Philip,

I remember your little cabin. It is an awesome place to hang out and meditate on what life's all about. Enjoy!

Blessings,
Mary

 
At 11:40 a.m., Blogger Janet said...

You've posted the cabin before, and it's just as lovely as ever. Did Heidi get into the swing? She looks like she's contemplating it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home