DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Ain't Love Grand

Well it seems congratulations are in order. Congratualtions, Dominic and Laura!
They just got engaged to be married.















I have mentioned my neice in the occasional previous blog entry. She is my brother's oldest daughter.

This past year she became a member of the bar in North Carolina and made plans to move to Australia to be with her beau ( was never quite sure how to refer to him. He certainly is her significant other. I prefer the word "paramour". They have solved this difficulty for me for he is now her fiance.)

Dominic, the fiance, is an Australian. I believe they met in Europe a few years ago. This past year he hung around Charlotte, NC, but missed our family reunion so I have yet to meet him.

A couple of months ago, Laura moved to Australia, on the strength of her own qualifications and her Canadian passport. She has been going through a process of getting used to Australia again ( for she had spend time there previously as part of her training to become a lawyer) and, currently, she is preparing to qualify for the bar in that country.

A short while ago, I read in Laura's blog that they were planning a trip to Thailand. My thought at the time was , "Gee, she just got to Australia and now they are going for a visit to Thailand?
Must be nice! Well it turned out there was reason in their madness. (If you would like to see how the other half live and visit the Thai resort http://www.sarojin.com/overview_gallery.html

This evening I got the letter announcing their engagement. Here is a little of it.

"Dominic and I just got back from a trip to Thailand. Last Thursday Dominic proposed to me on the beach. He said he wanted to go for a walk to watch to sun set but as we were leaving it started to rain very lightly. We took our umbrellas with us, and as we were walking along there was a little thunder in the far off distance so he asked me to join him under a tree that was hanging over the beach. There under the tree and with the umbrellas enveloping us and the waves and setting sun behind us he proposed. It was so romantic.

He said he designed the ring himself. It's a 1.75 carat brilliant cut ring with three rows of small diamonds along a white gold band. He was so excited to give it to me."

Laura is fairly low key so I suspect, Dominic wasn't the only one excited!!

I am sure the whole family is pleased for them.

No one is suprised at this development. I knew a couple of years ago when Laura wrote me that Dominic offered to pay off her school debt of $100,000. "Marry him before he changed his mind!" was my reaction.

They probably will come to North Carolina to get married, which I am sure will please my brother and sister-in-law and her sisters, Heather and Andrea.

It seems nice things do happen to nice people.

6 Comments:

At 10:22 a.m., Blogger J C said...

Wow, I've been scrolling due to not visiting in awhile since I have been so busy with life things and not able to enjoy blogging. You have really been busy! I need some things done here too. Heh Heh need to light a fire under dh. Congrats to your niece and her fiance. Handsome couple!!!!

 
At 12:06 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

I love happy romantic stories! They are a beautiful couple

 
At 12:17 p.m., Blogger Mary said...

Philip,

Congratulations to Laura and Dominic. I hope they have many happy years together.

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving comments on my grief post. Always nice to visit with you.

Blessings for a great day. It's beautiful here.

Mary

 
At 1:16 p.m., Blogger Tom said...

You had better get your Best Suit dusted down... Nice news I remember reading about her a while back

 
At 4:58 p.m., Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Love a good love story. Congratulations to the happy couple!

 
At 12:06 p.m., Blogger Dale said...

Lucky guy! Lucky girl!!

Oh to be young again and in love, eh?

*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home