DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Saturday, October 13, 2007

First Snow: Always Exciting


Do you see it. The snow!














The first snow of the year is always exciting. It is actually more rain than snow but definitely snow: big white flakes.

June got so excited she came barging into my room to make me look out the window. I could have been a nice shared moment except I was sitting with no clothes on. It turned into a "cover up moment", instead.

I took this picture just before I went down to feed my animals their morning snack and pick up the eggs. The cows and pigs didn't seem to mind the wet snow at all.

So folks!, you who live south of me, this is a foretaste of Winter. We have been warned. . . . . . there is so much to do here before the serious amounts of snow come and stay.
Posted by Picasa

10 Comments:

At 10:06 a.m., Blogger Mary said...

Philip,

Yes, I can see the snow. I'd heard that northern Ontario was going to get some. Not something I'm looking forward to, but the grandsons love it. It's been going down to 6 C overnight here and it's been cold. I've been wearing my winter coat to take Meeko for his nightly walk. So, I can believe that you had a light snowfall where you are.

Oh, I do like snow. Especially on a quiet night when the snow is falling lightly and the world is quiet and still.

Thanks for the warning. Have a Super Saturday.

Mary

 
At 12:31 p.m., Blogger Tom said...

Wow! do you normally start this early? We have had very little this last few years, we must be in line for some proper snow fall soon. What we call snowfall and what you call snowfall will be vry different I'm sure. I wish you will this winter and may all your jobs be done by the time it falls

 
At 10:45 p.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Be still my heart.

Too &^%$ early!

 
At 12:41 a.m., Blogger Peggy said...

send some of that wonderful white stuff my way!!!

 
At 12:50 a.m., Blogger Gattina said...

Snow, already ??? In Belgium it doesn't snow very often and when it's always in January, February I don't remember that it ever snowed before. And a white Christmas ? I don't remember any either.
If you are interested how friends of mine live in an appartment dated 1462 in Italy, have a look on my blog.

 
At 8:59 p.m., Blogger Paul said...

Sure looks like a great life you've got going -

 
At 3:51 a.m., Blogger Alyssa said...

I still love the snow after all these years and get excited when the first one comes. It reminds me of being a child. Great Dee Dee Bridgewater recording! I'll have to look her up, she's very enjoyable.

 
At 10:40 a.m., Blogger Tee/Tracy said...

I see it! How exciting :)

It's very cold here today but supposed to get up to 70 so I won't turn the heat on. I guess I just need to wear socks in the house :)

Hey - I checked out the link to Little Mosque on the Prairie there in your sidebar. That looks like a great show! We don't have it here, but I found it on YouTube.

By the way - I tagged you with a meme. Let me know if you decide to do it!

 
At 11:19 a.m., Blogger Rachel said...

Snow!! I don't know if I'm ready for that yet or not!! It's so pretty though.

 
At 3:16 a.m., Blogger Bob said...

It looks like you already had more snow than we will probably get all winter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home