DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

What Makes Me, Me!



Well I have been tagged by Mary to complete a Random 8 Meme. I don't usually do this but she was so nice and apologitic in asking, I thought I would oblige.



Here are the rules:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.

2. List (8) random facts about yourself.

3. Tag 8 people at the end of your post and list their names, including a link back to their blog.

4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs.


Well, here I go.

1. I have had a full beard since 1967. Growing it cost me my first part time church job. My
37 year old son has never seen me with out it.

2. My mother died 30 years ago at the age of 61. She was the greatest influence in my life. She
still is. The interests she nurtured in me continue and the life lessons she taught me, teach
me still.

3. I was married to the love of my life. She decided she no longer wanted to be a wife and mother at the point we settled into family life: house, job, child. As a result, I raised a
son from age 3 as a single parent. I mourned for 20 years the loss of my marriage and
continue to feel badly over my part in having her leave.

4. Not for a minute have I ever regretted being a parent. My son has matured into a wonderful
person: teacher, husband, father, citizen. For seven years, I was also a single foster father to
a series of young boys.

5. I once was falsely accused of being sexually inappropriate with a neighbour's son. After a
police and child welfare investigation I was exhonerated, the victim of a "crazy" jealous
neighbourwho didn't want be to be nice to his family. This experience has scarred me more
than anything else.

6. I have a wonderful education, which enriches my life daily. I have a very rich interior and
intellectual life. I have never reached my full potential. I tell people I am a minister, by
profession; a electrician, by trade; and, a subsistence farmer, by choice.

7. I have always felt close to Nature. My one fully religious experience was while in a canoe on a
early morning fog covered lake. In the stillness and quiet, I felt complete and death would
have been acceptable in those moments. I do not believe in "God" in the usual way people do.

8. I have had several relationships of some length with women in my lifetime. I continue to
think highly of them all. I will never understand those who denigrate former partners which
they once shared a love. I like women who are strong, smart, and independent, which might
explain why I am alone currently.


I would like to tag others, namely:

Sam

Julie

Peggy

Gretchen

Veronica


I can't think of any others I would inflict this on.

Four more of my readers are invited to do this Random Meme.

Those who have been tagged are excused if they choose not to.

3 Comments:

At 10:13 p.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

That was very up close and personal. Good on ya.

 
At 10:15 p.m., Blogger Mary said...

Philip,

How nice that you participated. I enjoyed learning more about you. Aren't mothers wonderful? They learn us life lessons that stay with us until the day we die. I enjoyed your post.

Blessings,
Mary

 
At 5:59 p.m., Blogger david santos said...

Hello, Tossing Peblles!
I am to support so that it has a good Have participation.
good weekend

 

Post a Comment

<< Home