DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Monday, March 10, 2008

More Piglet Pictures

My piglets fascinate me so I will inflict them on you again.
















The is the runt just before I took him into the house. He is doing much better although he has a sore eye and a sore leg. Denis made a little bed for him and June feeds him all the time. He will sleep with the cats and eats with everyone making a real hog of himself. I think he has grown since he has been in the house.

















I show this picture so that you can see how much smaller than his siblings the runt is.

















While it is cool (some may say cold) outside the piglets like to be out in the sunshine to eat a little feed on the snow. This is Ruby, one of the sows, with some of them.

















I thought these three piglets have some interesting redish markings.

11 Comments:

At 11:45 p.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

They are fascinating, especially that little guy. Will he catch up to some extent do you think?

 
At 7:50 a.m., Blogger amelia said...

They are just lovely. I hope the little one continues to do well.

 
At 8:15 a.m., Blogger Tom said...

Nice to see them, runt and all. If the runt dose not grow big enough for market why not train him... I have seen a few at countryshows where pigs have been train nearly as good as a dog.
.................

A man was on a walking holiday in Englan. He became thirsty so decided to ask at a home for something to drink. The lady of the house invited him in and served him a bowl of soup by the fire. There was a wee pig running around the kitchen, running up to the visitor and giving him a great deal of attention. The visitor commented that he had never seen a pig this friendly. The housewife replied: "Ah, he's not that friendly. That's his bowl you're using.".......... :O)

 
At 11:14 a.m., Blogger Janet said...

Pretty pretty piggies. I always think of Wilbur in E.B. White's book.

 
At 9:45 p.m., Blogger Loretta said...

They are so sweet!! I love all animals. My neighbor has a herd of goats, she had twin baby goats born this afternoon. Yesterday saw another set of twins and a single one. I enjoy all your pictures.

loretta

 
At 2:22 a.m., Blogger Gattina said...

Oh I love when you show pictures of the little piggies ! they are so cute. But the little one in your house is really small compared to his siblings !

 
At 8:54 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love seeing the piglets!
They are a lovely colour. :o)

 
At 3:33 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

almost makes me want to raise pigs again... almost. :) They are sooo cute

 
At 7:16 p.m., Blogger Tom said...

Hi Philip
You asked if the moors in my recent post once had forests. The whole area about hadgreat forest which supported all kinds of wildlife. A lot of the oak forest went into building the local houses and being ripped up and the lowlands turned into grazing fields for sheep. On some of the moors these old forest show themselves as petrified stumps, or bleach white twiste trunks.

 
At 7:51 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love little piglets. My parents had a black pot bellied pig for a pet.

 
At 4:24 p.m., Blogger Mary said...

Philip,

All of the piglets are cute. The ewe out at the farm is expected to birth any day now. It will be fun getting photos of the new lambs.

I'm glad you are getting a melt, just as we are. The last 3 days have been beautiful, but I think we will have another cold snap. It's early for spring to arrive.

Blessings,
Mary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home