DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

No I Didn't Die!



. . . . . . . . I just wish I had! I feel so ill it is hard for me to focus on writing a blog entry.I think I may be on the mend, hence this brief entry. My cold is gone but it left a hacking cough behind. I also am exhausted between chores after only moderate exertion. As a result I can often be found in bed. Much like Gage, who likes to join me and hogs the pillow. . . . .taking advantage of a sick man.























As I look about the room, we are not alone. One of the cats has taken over the desk.























Another two have found a good place for a nest in my drawer in the bureau.























Even after I drag myself out of bed, Gage likes to stay behind and rest. He only get up when he hears me pulling on my boots and coat to make a trip to the shed to check on the animals. He seems to like to play with the piglets,. . . . they are less sure.I did have a nice moment on Saturday. My so brought the grandchildren out to share a cake with me for my birthday. There short visit tired me so I weas back in bed as soon as they left.Hopefully, whatever I have will pass soon. I hope no one else is suffering.












Posted by Picasa

16 Comments:

At 7:38 a.m., Blogger amelia said...

I hope you've seen a doctor so whatever you have doesn't get too much worse! You have to take care of yourself, the animals need you!!!!

I know many people up here don't have doctors, including me but I hope you do....

 
At 8:44 a.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Did you get a flu shot this year? I am wondering whether you did and it didn't work for this strain. Whatever the case, I hope you feel better soon.

Strangely enough I saw an unfinished version of this post on Google Reader last night, but it wasn't on your site then. Did you hit publish and then take it back?

 
At 11:33 a.m., Blogger Mary said...

Philip,

I'm sorry to hear that you caught this nasty bug that is traveling all of North America. It seems to put you down flat.

I was feeling a little under the weather on the weekend but am better now, but still tired. I didn't get my flu shot this year and so far I've been lucky.

Thanks so much for commenting on the photos of Griffyn. Yes, having young ones around do keep us young.

Hope you're feeling much better soon. Be sure to get lots of rest and take care of yourself.

Blessings,
Mary

 
At 11:54 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I'm sorry you are not well. Those animals don't seem to be helping! They seem to be taking advantage of the blankets and pillows though! Thinking of you and sending good warm wishes through to help heal you quickly. :o)

 
At 7:23 p.m., Blogger Alyssa said...

I'm sorry you've been sick. I agree that you should probably see a doctor because these things can turn nasty. None of us are getting any younger! Get better soon and be happy you have some furry pals to keep you company.

 
At 7:38 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

You have had some winter, no? Your back; now a cold or flu?
Hope you are on the complete mend soon.
Thank goodness for Gage! And the kitties, and piglets.

 
At 7:41 p.m., Blogger J C said...

I've been away from blogland Philip, and didn't know you have been sick. Hoping by this time you are feeling much better. Sending healing energy your way. What spoiled animals you have! That's a reflection of your goodness, you know.

 
At 9:15 p.m., Blogger dot said...

Lots of folks seem to be getting flu like symptoms. Some call it the "crud"! Hope you feel better soon.
Thanks for your visit today. We don't have many wild berries around any more so we try to grow our own. You are lucky to have such a variety.

 
At 10:09 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

Happy Belated Birthday. I am so far behind on blog visiting. Hope you are soon feeling better.

 
At 11:17 p.m., Blogger Navigator said...

I've had what you describe, exactly your symptoms, and I am guessing (not being a medical person) that you have pneumonia. Get yourself immediately to a medical clinic, get a chest x-ray and prescription for anti-biotics. The winter is the worst time for such a lung infection and it doesn't go away by itself. You need the drugs and rest -- it takes about 6 weeks to recover from this thing. Left untreated, it can kill you, I am sure you know. As I say, I have had it in the winter and it is nasty stuff.

 
At 4:07 a.m., Blogger Gattina said...

OMG, poor you ! What you need now is rest but of course it's difficult with your animals they always have to be fed. Don't you have any help ? I hope you quickly recover spring is arriving, then everything is better.

 
At 11:10 a.m., Blogger Tom said...

Well I'm sorry to hear this Phillip... I expected you were still ill but not as bad as this. I hope each day brings new strength to you.
All the very best to you my friend

 
At 6:30 p.m., Blogger MamaHen said...

I would say a doctor visit might be in order also. Hope you are feeling better though. Oh, Happy late Birthday too.

 
At 8:17 p.m., Blogger Rosie said...

So sorry you've been under the weather!

We have had entire county school systems closed here because of illness.

Keep drinking lots of fluids and stay out of this bad weather.

 
At 12:29 a.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Here's my favourite dog in the world. Does he look familiar (the one in front)? He's my BIL's dog. We sometimes sing the dogsology together. :)

 
At 12:51 p.m., Blogger Janet said...

I knew I liked you when I read your previous post on coal energy. But you have lots of cats and dogs and keep them in the house! We have 3 dogs (one of them is a 140-pound Rotty) and 5 cats. I am sorry you've been sick. It is bad enough to be sick, but truly miserable when you still have to get up and tend to animals (or children - we have 2 toddlers as well).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home