DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Miscellaneous Photos


(click on photos to enlarge)


















At the Porcine Dairy Bar

A tit for everyone and everyone on a tit: two rows, no waiting.



















Snow on a rail at midnight

After a day long snow fall.























Needle of Ice



The Good Old Days
"When hard work brought results!"
I cannot tell a lie. . . . . this is a doctored photo.
I found this photo on a vintage postcard as part of a site that tells the history of our area illustrated with post cards. http://www.vintagepostcards.org/Sturgeon-Falls.htm
Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

At 5:47 p.m., Blogger Lizzy said...

Hi Philip

Just dropping by to catch up, I've not been round lately, glad to see your piglets are doing well.

Hope your back is getting better and that the weather is improving, I don't want to make you jealous, but I had a riding lesson last week and we rode in short sleeves, although we are back to 2 layers this week.

 
At 12:00 a.m., Blogger dmmgmfm said...

LOL! Love the doctored photo. that's some punkin!

 
At 3:38 a.m., Blogger Gattina said...

These little piggies at their bar are too cute ! and the pumpkin's size is just enormous !
I am in Rock 'n Roll today !

 
At 1:29 p.m., Blogger Tom said...

Ha! a great set of pictures Philip.. I see your humour coming back as well. You must be feeling a tad better. Love the piglets... the icicle is stunning, we used to have these when I was a kid.. I've not seen any decent ones now for many years.
I will be nipping over to the Vintage Postcard site.. I saw a programme on TV about these fake post-cards a while bck now..
All the best to you
Tom

 
At 9:12 a.m., Blogger dot said...

Cute pictures, all of them! After seeing the doctored pumpkin picture I had to google just to see what the champ pumpkin was last year and it was over 1500 lbs. What a whopper!! I was thinking there must be different kinds of dandelions because those are almost flat on the ground and I don't know how one would get the greens off them
Thanks for your visits and comment on my blog!

 
At 3:37 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Just love those photographs! Now I am also loving the pianist I can here, can you tell me the name of the piece and the pianist please?
How are the piglets today?

 
At 4:22 p.m., Blogger Kelly Ann said...

Those pigs are so cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

 
At 1:46 a.m., Blogger Alyssa said...

I love the piglet pictures. Your snow and icicle photos look like you took them at my house. The giant pumpkins postcard is very funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home