DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Can Spring Be Far Away?



















Our weather has been cool and windy. Witness the icicles growing at an angle. The fact that there is some melting is good sign. In fact. if you can believe the forecasts, we are about to get a couple of days in a row above freezing. Right on time for the half load restriction are posted March 15. The roads will be thawing out and getting muddy.

















The runt got some time out on the porch in the sunshine. He seemed to enjoy it eating and napping. He has grown somewhat since I brought him in the house. Someone bite his tail short.

I have not docked the pigs tails as is the common practice.

















Gage , too, is content to soak up a few rays.




Meanwhile, some of the other piglets seek food, shelter and protection underneath the cows.Posted by Picasa

11 Comments:

At 9:41 a.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I noticed a lot of icicles yesterday, but it seemed nippy out this morning.

 
At 10:04 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't get enough of those little guys! My daughter loves them too!
.
Gage looks very relaxed in the sunshine I noticed.
Heres' to plenty more sunshine then Philip!

 
At 10:51 a.m., Blogger Janet said...

Brave little piggies to be under the cows' hooves. I didn't dock my Rottweiler's tail, as is the common practice in the states, and it is an absolutely beautiful curly plume. I can't believe breeders cut them off.

 
At 8:09 a.m., Blogger amelia said...

One of our dogs is a Bouvier who still has his ears and tail. I wonder what twisted minds decide the poor animal has to be altered to look it's best!!!!

 
At 6:11 a.m., Blogger Rachel said...

Oh the little pigs are so cute!! I hope you have thawed out some by now. It's been totally mild here the past few weeks, which is okay by me!!!

 
At 3:02 p.m., Blogger Leann said...

I love those little guys.I come from a long line of pig farmers.and little pigs were always dear to my heart.
one cold winter my husband let one of our pigs have a litter.and the little ones sufered so in the cold.we had to bring them in.one pig had 10 and the other 8.so we had a house full.they stayed by the wood stove in little boxes.but every night they were with us we would take some and watch TV holding them.aint nothing sweeter then a little pig nesled close to your neck.
we had the all pink pigs can remember what they are call.

you have your hands full.the weather here is calming down and the snow had been melting.some grass is peeking out.so spring is coming.

have a good weekend and new week.

 
At 4:23 p.m., Blogger Mary said...

Philip,

The runt is adorable. I'm glad you took him into the house.

If interested, I have farm photos posted on my blog. I'm off to see the rest of your piglet photos.

Blessings,
Mary

 
At 8:18 a.m., Blogger Tom said...

Hi Phillip
Glad you liked the the Biggles band... mad as hatter the lot of them.. very funny to watch when there's drink about.. :O)

 
At 8:42 a.m., Blogger lv2scpbk said...

Those pigs are so cute. I always wanted a pot belly pig as a pet.

 
At 7:28 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came for a visit from Daffy's place. Runt is adorable. He is adapting well to his environment. We don't have pigs, but have cats and dogs, bunnies, donkeys and soon to have chickens. Gage looks very comfortable sleeping in the rays.

 
At 10:17 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

I am enjoying the saga of the runt. Certainly helps understand that expression about being the runt of the litter.
Do all your inside animals accept him? The photos suggest the cats do, and Gage does, but just wondered if they all interact peacefully?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home