DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Pain Continues


For those who might care to know my back pain continues. I also have acquired a cold thanks to June for bringing it into the house. It has generally been a miserable week, too painful to blog.
I am now feeling a little better.

I got a call from my friend Denis to pick him up at the bus station in Sudbury at 8:45 AM Saturday. He was coming home from his drilling job at the Hemlo Goldfield north of Lake Superior.

I managed to muster enough energy to recover him and drive the 1 1/2 hours to Sudbury to meet him. He had a bus trip of 10 hours overnight. As is his way, he was drunk when he got on and slept throught the whole trip.

Ontario is certainly a vast province.

He left the job at Hemlo because it was not going will. The drill had a gas engine and at -40C gas engines don't work. it was taking them twice as long to do the small job, which means for him lots of down time and no bonus payment for production.

He is going to a job a Chibougamau, Quebec.

Denis was home for a day. Long enough to do his laundry, visit some friends, get drunk, get his tractor stuck twice.

This morning I drove him to Sturgeon Falls to meet his ride at 7:00 AM it has been snowing for a day and a night. The road were plowed. I heard the plow pass in front of my place at 5:30 AM . (Nice of them to send the plow to plow me out.!) I drove the 26 miles to Sturgeon Falls and back without seeing another vehicle going in either direction. This always amazes me: at certain times of the day there is not traffic. The roads are well plowed and travel is easy I always drive in the middle of the road so that if I do spin out I have lots of room before the snowbank catches me.
As it worked out it was an unevenful trip.

Chibougamau is a Northern town on the edge of Parc LaVerendre, a magnificent wilderness park. it is about 650 miles from here so Denis has another long trip today ; 14 or 15 hours.


















My friend Denis. On our trip home from Sudbury we heard on the radio the Canadians lead the industrialized world in pot smoking. Apparently, we toke up four time more than other countries. Could this expain why Canada produces so many Comediens for the American market. We are a funny people. We are more laid back than our American neighbours. We have a more accepting "live and let live" attitude than our American cousins which is ironic when you know the Americans are great believers in individualism.

If I wasn't so opposed to injesting pollutants myself, I might have toked up to ease my back pain. Denis who has chronic pain from an industrial accident is a regular toker (That is his story and he sticks to it.)




















Here is a good looking hydroponically grown pot plant.



Drying some good looking bud.
Pot cultivation is a cottage industry across our fair country. It must drive the American drug Czar crazy. Wait until the Liberal Party comes to power and fulfills it pedge t0 decriminalize marijuana!
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 6:01 p.m., Blogger Tom said...

Glad to here you are on the mend... your mate sounds a right one.. Like you I don't 'Toke Up' as you call it. Peter on the other hand dose... I see lots of abuse of this drug and others. But then I also see lots who have took to drink and are just as bad.

Hope you are feeling better real soon

 
At 1:20 a.m., Blogger Alyssa said...

You are a very good friend to have gotten up and retreived Denis while in such pain. There is nothing worse than a screwed up back.

Nothing wrong with a little puff now and then. In my younger days, working 3rd shift I'd have a bit to help me fall asleep.

Hope you feel better soon so you can post more piglet pics.

 
At 3:47 a.m., Blogger Gattina said...

I am sorry for you that your back is still not better or only a little bit. How do you handle all your animals and the little pigs ? I hope you have somebody to help you. I didn't know what "toke" meant but when I saw the plant I immediately knew, lol ! My son had a whole installation on his attic in London and I have to say the whole house smelled very good. Here in Belgium you are allowed to smoke but not to buy which is a complete nonsense. In Amsterdam you have the coffee shops and since smoking canabis is legal, the heavy drug consumption has dropped tremendously amongst the dutch population. Now there are all the tourists smoking ! I long gave up to understand Americcan laws, they are so hypocrite !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home