DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

My Pal Gage

My new dog, Gage, continues to meet all my expectations as a great dog. He is the first " biggish" kind of dog I have ever had. He came with his own bed I put down on the floor as the foot of mine, BUT. . .

He soon decided he liked my double bed. We now share!


















Gage even like to use a pillow. See the foot space along his back. That is where I am allowed to sleep. With his long legs he has a way of taking up most of the bed. His legs fold up more like a young horse than a dog.

Once we divided up the space, 3/4 for him. 1/4 for me, he is very confortable to sleep with. He sleeps through the night, which I don't, and he moves little. I sometimes have to switch sides of the bed when he stretches out a little when I get up in the night.



















For an afternoon nap Gage oftens has his pet cat join him.



















With his long legs he can sit on the chesterfield with his front feet on the floor, although he seem to prefer curled up with his head in your lap. Now who can refuse him then.



When ever I am at my computer he rests and watches me. It seems we have bonded! Posted by Picasa

14 Comments:

At 1:36 p.m., Blogger amelia said...

He is just precious and beautiful. He's probably scared he's going to have to leave you and go to yet another home.

Wonderful, wonderful creatures!!!!

 
At 1:37 p.m., Blogger amelia said...

I forgot to say that you are also a wonderful man for giving him such a good and loving home, I hope you two are pals for many years!!

 
At 2:46 p.m., Blogger Leann said...

its nice to have a wonderful dog t love.I have had some wonderful and loving pets who shared my life.
you are blessed.
I will not be commenting much for a little while,so came to tell you.
my father passed away and Ill be back when I can.

God bless.
Leann.

 
At 4:33 p.m., Blogger Rhea said...

What a sleepy dog!

 
At 7:29 p.m., Blogger Mary said...

Philip,

I love Gage. He is so adorable. I just knew he would make a great companion for you.

Meeko would like to take over our bed and he does get up there in the daytime for a nap if we aren't watching.

We're back safely from vacation and I have a lot of catching up to do. Hope all has been well with you while we've been gone.

Blessings,
Mary

 
At 8:08 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

The only appropriate response to Gage--awwww.
He does seem to have long legs.
Just remember, you need to be the pack leader, or he will think he is.

 
At 11:15 p.m., Blogger Gattina said...

The view of your dog puts me in a good mood, lol ! He looks so adorable and funny with his long horse legs ! I think he will become your best friend if he isn't already. But where did you get him from ? I scrolled through your blog found snow storms and Simone de Beauvoir but nothing about a dog adoption. Or am I blind ?

 
At 9:58 a.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

He looks a lot like my BIL's dog, Zeus. He's a great dog.

 
At 1:53 p.m., Blogger Tom said...

I knew this would happen.. what a great friend and companion he must be, and a great bed warmed all so. Before Jane moved in with me my German Shepherd at that time would do much the same.
Peter shares his food and his bed with his Greyhound as well. It the only thing to do..
Great post, most enjoyable and nice to know that Gage is such a great dog for you.

 
At 7:34 p.m., Blogger J C said...

Ah Philip. I can see you are hooked! Seems you're a softie at heart!

 
At 2:34 a.m., Blogger Alyssa said...

You are both so lucky to have found each other. He's made himself right at home in your bed and in your heart! Our little dog sleeps with us and it is very comforting to wake at night and hear a dog breathing near you. He is an excellent friend.

Love the Oscar you have playing. What a talent!

 
At 7:06 a.m., Blogger Neva said...

I have 3 biggish dogs and they all love to sleep with their head on your lap! Hard to refuse.....they would sleep with us if they were allowed upstairs! He certainly seems to have settled in nicely! I am glad you are bonding!

 
At 11:55 a.m., Blogger Rachel said...

How wonderful that you have bonded so well!! He's so pretty!! I share my bed with the dog and sometimes the cat, but they are not near as big as Gage is!

 
At 4:26 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

I think he did a great job of training you. LOL The new goats are doing pretty well training me also.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home