DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Not Exciting. . . . . . But Life Around Here


Here are few photo of Life around here.

(click on picture to enlarge)



















This is an early morning shot of the school bus backed into a ditch. What was she thinking!

The students next door are the first to get on the bus. We had a few inches of snow overnight and the plow had not been along yet. The bus driver must have thought she could shorten her trip by pulling into the neighbour's yard and back out to return down the road. Bad choice! It is against the rules. The bus is not supposed to go on private property. The driver is supposed to go by my place and back into the lane down to the river at the other side of my property. She then comes back and picks up the students where they do not have to cross the road to get on the bus. Luckily, the bus could sit there for an hour and a half without another vehicle coming along.

I imagine the driver had a conversation with the boss when she got back to the yard.




















My friend Denis headed out for his drilling job, again. I get to collect up his empties. Here are some I have set out on the porch.

Last week, Denis left for three weeks and ended up coming back when they found a problem with the drill when they were getting it ready to ship out of the yard in Timmins. So he is off again for Timmins. I thought originally the job would be drilling near Timmins in the gold camp but as it turned out they are off to Marathon, on the North Shore of Lake Superior, which is the site of some big gold mining properties. With gold worth over $900 an ounce, ( thanks to the faultering US dollar and the coming recession), there is a big interest in gold exploration. In Northern Ontario, base metals are bringing prosperity to some while the depressed lumbering business is inflicting hardship on others. Such is a cyclical resourced base economy.



















Denis left me his tractor to use while he is away. he bought this and a four wheeler with the money he didn't spend on beer. Denis lost his driver's license years ago so he will be able to drive his tractor around. Tractors are not licensed to go on the road. If you put a slow moving vehicle sign on the back anyone over 12 can drive it on the road , driver's license or no driver's license. Somethings in life are not rational!



Meanwhile, Gage, the gentle giant, has taken to licking up a couple of the cats. They
seem to like it. I just hope doesn't decide it would be fun to lick me. I have my limits!
Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

At 4:34 p.m., Blogger Tom said...

Nice post here, thanks for sharing this fragment of your day.. Denis sounds like my kind of fellow... boy can he drink ha! I used to be a big drinker, so did my friend Peter. We both don't touch it much now.
Gage just gets better everytime I hear about him. I think you have a friend for life with him now.

All the best
Tom

 
At 4:59 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

I bet you have lots of things planned to do with the tractor.Sounds like a good friend. Gage is such a sweet dog. I am glad you have him

 
At 7:29 p.m., Blogger Omelay said...

aah the coming recession. i aspire to have myself buffered from the precipice.

 
At 3:05 a.m., Blogger Gattina said...

It seems to me that you have a lot of snow ! We have 7° which is quite unusual for January and yesterday a storm with 100 km/h wind ! that was awful ! Lots of houses damaged but fortunately now victims. Re the Smurfs, it's a little early to talk about, the festivities will only start in a few days and the real anniversary is only on Oct. 23. There also will be an exposition from May til November. So I might have to write something but not yet. It was a very good idea of you to remind me ! I hadn't heard anything of this yet !
Your cats look happy with their new washing machine, lol !

 
At 6:12 a.m., Blogger Gattina said...

Finally yesterday evening they talked about the smurfs in the news ! I had already prepared a post for Thursday Thirteen so it is on my blog today !

 
At 7:26 p.m., Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Great photos. Gage is a good looking dog, and it's nice that he likes to give the kitties a bath. And funny that he has taken over your bed, from the post below. I also enjoyed your post about Simone de Beauvoir. She was an influential woman.

We had some snow for a couple of hours last night. But by morning, it was all gone. Which is just the way I like it.

Have a great evening, snuggling with Gage! LOL.

Renie

 
At 6:49 p.m., Blogger Neva said...

I imagine they didn't fire the bus driver although that might have happened here! Love your photos of the day! I am surprised the cats tolerate a dog licking them but I don't know anything about cats!

 
At 10:51 p.m., Blogger Mary said...

Philip,

I can't imagine what that bus driver was thinking but apparently she had a bad day.

Glad you will get the money for the empties and the use of the tractor while Denis is working.

I'm glad Gage has turned into such a good companion for you.

Blessings,
Mary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home