DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Friday, September 07, 2007

More Cats

I am almost too tired to make this humble post. All that wood I split is now in the basement. filling about 1/4 of the space. I have a little more room inside for about a full cord of slab wood that will make good kindling. It has been a race against the possibility of rain. Today it is going to rain!

I still have the logs to cut up and split and pile so it will cure for late Winter use. I can take my time with this green wood.

While I was trundling wood into the basement one of my mother cats showed up with a litter of lovely kittens she had in the shed. She brought these feral cats into the house and has decided to finish caring for them under my wood cookstove. I tried to take a picture of these wild ones. It will take time as they scurry away if you get too close.



click on photo to enlarge
















I liked this picture for the one little kitten suddenly stuck its face out. There are five lovely little kittens. Once again, I have far too many cats!

5 Comments:

At 3:04 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

I need to change my name to cat lady. Everyone dumps their pregnant cat on our road and they find their way here. I really only own 2 cats but there are a total of 10 that are always here and at night every cat in the neighborhood shows up for buffet at the automatic cat feeder. Guess I am going to have to try to catch some of them and take them to the animals shelter.

 
At 7:32 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

I do love cats, but I suppose there is a limit.
What would it be, numerically?
You split all that wood you photographed in an earlier post? No wonder you are almost too tired to post.
Rest up, now.

 
At 11:56 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever heard of spay or neuter in your neck of the woods??

 
At 10:46 a.m., Blogger Gattina said...

Don't understand that anonymous person ! Why doesn't she say what she thinks with her name ?? I hate coward people !
I just wanted to ask you why don't you have your mother cats spayed ? That would limit the amount of kittens. They look really soo cute.

 
At 11:03 a.m., Blogger dmmgmfm said...

I love kitties too, that's why I have six of them. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home