DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

WHAT KIND OF A LIBERAL AM I?

I could not resist doing this quiz after my email pal, Julie posted her result http://juliepoolie.blogspot.com/ . I admire her audacious claim to be a liberal in a part of the US which is predominantly conservative. Recently, she married a conservative Babtist minister. I wish her much happiness but wonder about the spirited conversations in her future.

I guess my answers to the questionaire were truthful for I think I may just be a "Peace Patroller". It started in 1960, when I joined my first, peace group, "Ban the Bomb" .




How to Win a Fight With a Conservative is the ultimate survival guide for political arguments

My Liberal Identity:

You are a Peace Patroller, also known as an anti-war liberal or neo-hippie. You believe in putting an end to American imperial conquest, stopping wars that have already been lost, and supporting our troops by bringing them home.




It seem the political pendulum is swing back and being a "liberal" may no longer be an evil thing in the US for which politicians have to apologize. This article give one reason to hope. Sour Americans Hungry for Change as Election Approaches - CommonDreams.org Now if only the Democratic Party can embrace liberalism to the extent the population has hopefully will continue to do.

7 Comments:

At 4:48 p.m., Blogger Navigator said...

I took the quiz, even though I am not American and I am a conservative, not a liberal. This is how it rated me:
"I am a reality-based intellecutalist, also known as the liberal elite. I am a proud member of what's known as the reality-based community, where science, reason, and non-Jesus thought reign supreme." Except for the "elitist" tag (I consider my instincts to be egalitarian, that is pretty much on the money.

 
At 10:58 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

I took the quiz also--and here's my type.
Sounds about right to me, although I don't know the other outcomes.

You are a Social Justice Crusader, also known as a rights activist. You believe in equality, fairness, and preventing neo-Confederate conservative troglodytes from rolling back fifty years of civil rights gains.

I continued to be a liberal, and would say so proudly, even in the face of all the conservatives around me. I figure I am consistent, if nothing else.

 
At 1:34 a.m., Blogger Alyssa said...

I'm also the "Peace Patroller". I'd say that fits me very well. I'm always amazed how the media and others have made "liberal" seem dirty or bad! I, too, have proudly called myself liberal in our very conservative southeastern Wisconsin community. Oh, the Democrats !! they are a pretty sad bunch of lite-Republicans in my book. I wish they would embrace SOMETHING!! I would love to get behind and truly support a worthy candidate in our next election.

 
At 1:37 a.m., Blogger Rosie said...

I came out as a social justice crusader...and that's pretty much right on the money.

 
At 8:38 a.m., Blogger Peggy said...

Took the test and here is mine:
You are an Eco-Avenger, also known as an environmentalist or tree hugger. You believe in saving the planet from the clutches of air-fouling, oil-drilling, earth-raping conservative fossil fools

 
At 2:13 a.m., Blogger Gattina said...

I am the same as you I patroll for peace !

BTW yesterday I met an american woman living here in Brussels and she told me that since she lives in Europe it has changed her completely. She doesn't want to go back and is ashamed of her compatriotes. I told her that in each country there are good and bad people, but can understand that America today is not really a paradise or an example!

 
At 12:16 a.m., Blogger dmmgmfm said...

I'm the same as you! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home