DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Saturday, August 25, 2007

I Have a Secret. . . .

I love Redneck jokes.!

I am a little embarassed at this fact since I dislike ethnic humour which pokes fun at groups of people. I am quick to tell those that like to tell such jokes that they are not funny, are racist, are cruel, etc.

And yet. . . . I laugh my head off at Redneck jokes. My only excuse is that some of them apply to me. "You know you are a redneck if more than half the vehicles in your yard do not run."

I choose to believe that redneckism is a state of mind, a weltenshauung (sorry, too many years of studying philosophy makes me use such words) and not a particular ethnic group.

Here is a list of redneck jokes.

YOU KNOW YOU ARE A REDNECK IF....

Some are visual.

You Know You Are A Redneck When

If you are one of those who goes to the family reunion and "all the men their hit on your sister" you are definitely a Redneck.

Forgive me. . .


3 Comments:

At 2:13 p.m., Blogger Rachel said...

Thanks for the laughs!! I didn't read this one on the list, but I think I did qualify at one time. I used to buy bales of hay and bring it home in my car, so I knew how many bales of hair my car would hold!! Thankfully, I no longer have to do that!

Those visual ones had me LOL!!!

 
At 7:01 p.m., Blogger Omelay said...

thanks for posting at the pile. i like your voice on your blog. in your metaphor, the stream and watching ripples, the stream must coalesce and form a still pond to see the ripples. the parallel in life is, people must coalesce with a common voice to afford the ripple to exist. i am starting to hear the voice.

 
At 10:08 p.m., Blogger Alyssa said...

Since my husband is watching some NASCAR race right now, I laughed out loud at some of the jokes.

The pictures are really funny. I don't think anyone would be offended by them - they are great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home