DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

New Faces Around the Place


















I have been adopted. This pigeon showed up and has decided to stay. It is quite tame. I caught it while it ate alongside the pigs.
I is banded. if I can find out how who you notify i shall try to return it to its owner, somewhere in Sudbury. There must be a pigeon club with a registry!!


click on photos to enlarge


















Here is an update on my bunnies. There are eight of them and not nine as I originally thought. They are three weeks old and getting quite active. Here they are in their nesting box. I have moved them and the mother to a larger cage.

















Here they are in their new home. They seem to have accepted this shallow cardboard box as their nest. There is lots of room so if their mother decided to move them she will have space. Seven are black, one of these has a small white spot on it's head. The eighth is ligh brown and white. I love the way if glows in this picture .





The mother rabbit would not stop eating long enough for me to get a clear picture. Here she is chowing down on some bird's foot trefoil, fresh picked. The mother and offspring have been in their new digs for a day and are doing just fine. The grandchildren dropped by and I showed them the new bunnies. Dylan who aspires to be a veterinarian is always very interested in the animals. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 8:58 a.m., Blogger Peggy said...

Your bunnies are so cute! I like the brown one the best. Its so hot here I hose down the roofs on the rabbit condos to cool them down. They are in the shade but its still so hot the bunnies don't want to eat very much.

 
At 6:45 p.m., Blogger Rachel said...

The bunnies are so cute!!

I hope you are able to find the owner of the pigeon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home