DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Moon Rising






The moon was coming up like a big orange disk: a harvest moon. I thought I could capture its grandeur. The snapshot camera was not up to the task. To the naked eye the moon seemed large and very orange as it slowly appeared from behind some clouds on the eastern horizon.

All the same, the picture turned out rather interesting. (ClICK ON THE PICTURE.) The other disks in the sky were not present for the eye to see. I am not sure what caused them. Hmmm!






Here is a similar picture moments later and their are no other disks in the sky other than the moon. The small dots are snowflakes falling.

It was one of those mysterious nights when you can snowshoe by the light of the moon and feel alone in the Universe. Or you lie down in the snow and make a snow angel all the while staring into the depths of the heaven with so many dots of light: stars, comets, planets, man made space junk (sadly) to find endlessly fascinating.

What hubris to think we are alone and unique in the vastness of the Universe. Any yet our "universal neighbours" are so far away we shall never meet.

2 Comments:

At 6:48 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

make a snow angel for me! I added a special wish to santa for you my jolly ole friend. LOL

 
At 8:08 p.m., Blogger Julie said...

well said....

what a beautiful picture!

I miss seeing snow. We so rarely get it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home