DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

My Morning Company

Yesterday the freezing rain started and turned to snow overnight to be followed by more freezing rain. At least it isn't the over a foot of snow in La, La Land (Vancouver and Victoria) or the very cold temperatures of the Prairies. All the same, it is a good day to stay home.

I wonder if Paulo will show up. My peacock has gotten into the habit of coming to the back door.






He is one handsome fellow with his tail continuing to grow longer. I have yet to get a good picture of his beautiful b;ue/green tail feather with the characteristic "eye" on them. By next summer I expect his tail to be fully developed.

He is quite dramatic in flight. He flys up and back to the shed in the background.






I share a little bread with Paulo. It will not be long before he will eat out of my hand.






Compare this earlier photo with the first one above and notice how much longer Paulo's tail is.

The radio just announced the school buses will not be running today. It must be really nasty out there. Winter is staring us in the face!

Got to run and feed some more wood into the cookstove.

1 Comments:

At 7:48 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

send some snow and cold down my way! Its been in the 70's F for the past few days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home