DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Winter Arrives

I think Winter has finally arrived. The storm last week dropped the first covering of snow that will last. It came with a stiff wind so it drifted a little. Sadly it was not the foot of snow promised. We were on the edge of a severe storm coming out of the US mid-west. Southern Ontario and Quebec got harder hit with downed trees some freezing rain and the loss of power. Some places are still without electricity. After the severe ice storm a few years ago , when the power was lost for weeks, lots of people now have back up generators which lesson the discomfort of power outages. When I read of the problems loss of power brings to the urban areas i am glad I live in the country with wood heat, water I can haul if necessary, ( I have even melted snow at times) and light from lanterns and/or candles. Now if i can only find a way to run my computer on candle power!!! I can always read a book or write a letter when the computer is down.






Here is my shed with the chicken house with the picture window. I have done a lot to secure it for the Winter and make it comfortable for the animals. There is still some things to do. I wish i had a few more cows to help heat the shed with their body heat. The hay bales give a little more protection for the rabbitry on the other side of the wall.






This morning after a clear night with a full moon the temperature is -15C. This temperature is such that you dress properly if you spend time outside.





Looking east up the road toward my neighbour, Leo's farm.

2 Comments:

At 12:17 p.m., Blogger Veronica said...

The country side is beautiful with a fresh blanket of snow. I bet it's a real treat looking out the window watching the snow fall while snug by the old wood stove. No doubt it's God's country. Blessings, Veronica

 
At 9:22 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

now if you could just send some of that snow this way. :) thanks for sharing by photos so I can at least enjoy it that way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home