DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Friday, November 24, 2006

A Visit to the Cabin




It looks cold and stark in November. This is not the prettiest time of the year as everything has died down and all seems to to waiting for the coming of the Winter snow, that forms a warm cover of the land and plants. The cabin continues to be a work in progress and is not yet winterized so it sits silent waiting for the Spring and Summer with lots of activity around it as we enjoy the River and the lush landscape, of flora and fauna.






His is a feature in the cabin that seemed to work well. The stairs go up through a trap door to the loft, where the kids will sleep in hammocks.

The plank wall and door of the only enclosed room I built out of some Ash lumber my neighbour sold me. It turned out better that expected.

The mirror I liberated from a Yale University dorm room. Enough said.





This is the kitchen corner. I built the counter out of old lumber from Parker's fence. That would also built our privy. The counter top is just lumber from the lumber yard verethaned. The double sink I found in the dump. Usually, don't "shop" at the dump but I could not resist this time. The cistern pump was a Christmas gift a couple of years ago for Parker. It allows us to pump water from the river. This coming Summer we should complete the cabin, as we continue to enjoy it: this memory place for the grandchildren.

1 Comments:

At 10:08 a.m., Blogger Peggy said...

Now if you had it winterized I would be calling to beg to rent it! Perfect place to get away from it all and enjoy life the way it was meant to be. You have done a great job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home