DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Weekend Guests

I do not often have guests come and visit. I am never sure why not because I usually try to be a gracious host. I certainly work hard when they do show up. I do live at some distance from friends. Family and friends in southern Ontario seem to have a mental block against traveling north of the Muskoka Lakes district which they consider the "North", which of course it is very much Southern Ontario. Even where I live should not be considered the North. The real north begins 500 to 1000 miles north of here. I live on the crease of the Ontario Road map. The top edge of the Southern half and the lower edge of the Northern half. For American friends it is a particular challenge to travel to a "foreign country". Whatever the reason I seldom have house guest, I do enjoy them when they do come, as was the case this past weekend.






Me, Mary, Sabrina and my neighbour Leo. We enjoyed a meal and an evening together.


This past weekend I had a lovely weekend with a visit from some friends from Vermont. Mary and Sabrina were two women I have only know online so it was interesting to meet and know them in person. Online friendships are only partially revealing of who we are. It is always interesting to see when the full reality is. I was not disappointed of shockingly surprised when we met.

Sabrina had her two children with her: Katrina, her 14 year old daughter and her son James, 23.
James travelled on to Toronto to be with friends there.

Iwas pleased they seemed willing to accept me as I am and enjoy my place as it is, a little rough around the edges. this weekend found me hauling water as my pump quit last week. One of the joys of rural living.






A first effort to learn to milk the cow Daisy.

This is Katrina at her first tentative efforts to learn to milk a cow. She readily caught on to it and was quite fearless near the cow. With a little more practice she could get her speed up. In the near future she will have an opportunity to milk goats which I imagine is a little easier.







The lovely Katrina.

This delightful girl/woman impressed me with her manners and charm. She loves animals and spent some time with my kittens at the peak of their "cuteness". While the other adults enjoyed themselves, drinking and getting silly, I (the non drinker), enjoyed sitting and chatting with Katrina watching a movie while enjoying my favourite treat, popcorn.


Life is now back to normal: alone and dealing with the daily problems and challenges of living on the margin. Aloneness is good as well and the togetherness of company.

2 Comments:

At 8:56 a.m., Blogger Peggy said...

thanks for teaching Katrina how to milk. Miss Diva will love having her as her milker! Expect a email from me this evening. I have a busy day but will have a nice quiet evening (I hope) so I can write without interruption. Have a good week!

 
At 8:45 a.m., Blogger Carole Burant said...

Well, geez, I found you again...lol I had misplaced your blog address in my files and while I was looking for something else this morning, I found your blog!! I've just read all your posts to catch up with your news...I'm glad you had such an enjoyable weekend! It's always fun to meet online friends in person...take care and stay warm:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home