DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Lessons of History



Empires come and go. The unsuccessful attempt at creating an American Empire will never succeed. Those who aspire to create one can only read, with envy, of the great Empires of the past. I suspect they don't read much history at all for the lessons are not being learned.

3 Comments:

At 4:22 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

You give me lots of things to think about while I am working around here. thanks for keeping my mind busy! A birdie told me you are going to have company.:) Have a nice visit with some really nice people

 
At 8:14 p.m., Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

It certainly is a small World, isn't it Peggy.

 
At 7:55 p.m., Blogger Julie said...

Why does history always have to recreate itself, do we have such a short memory of the pain and the suffering.. is power and greed so much more important than peace and love - will it always prevail (the former?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home