DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Another Wedding

One of the things I still do as a minister is officiate at weddings. I enjoy this ceremonial/priestly function of a minister. It is nearly always a joyous time when people are at their happiness and full of hope and promise for their future together. Although there have been a few weddings I have been involved in that probably should not have taken place.

I also am willing to officiate at funerals when asked. I have always said I enjoy wedding the most but I grow as a person most over funerals. I prefer to do funerals for people I knew in life. It is at funerals that we are given the opportunity to rethink the great questions of Life.

Below is a photograph from the last wedding I did a couple of months ago. They were a nice couple and the wedding was in North Bay at the site of a former monastary. The property is now owned by the local college. It is a pretty spot in a natural setting.




The couple just sent me this photo. I usually try to stay out of photographs but I thought this one was pretty good. I am the little guy with the beard. In scanning the picture I cut some of the right side off. Maybe I was sub consciously trying to make myself look thinner! In any case, it was not worth redoing as the scanner was being problematic.

The bride, in appearance, reminded me of my bride so many years ago.

Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

At 12:05 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

You look rather handsome. If I pass before you I hope you will speak at my memorial service.

 
At 1:24 p.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You look like a prophet. :)

 
At 11:45 p.m., Blogger Mary said...

Philip,

A beautiful photo of the bride, groom and the officiating minister. Thanks so much for sharing. Now I'm off to see who is rooting around in the post below. lol

If you have time, drop by and see the photos of the finished apartment. It's amazing what we can do when we have to.

Stay warm and safe. Winter is on it's way. I assume you had snow overnight.

Blessings,
Mary

 
At 9:29 a.m., Blogger possum said...

Well aren't you the handsome dude, so saintly and all... Nice picture.
Hmmm, guess I need your address so my lawyer can contact you to do my funeral! Its great there are those who like officiating at weddings and funerals - I personally don't like either one.
Thanks for the cool image!

 
At 1:05 p.m., Blogger Janet said...

They make a lovely couple and you are quite distinguished. The Mountain Man got a phone call from a girl who was in the youth group at the church where he was youth minister back in the early 90s who asked him if he would perform her wedding ceremony. He was quite flattered at being asked, but had to tell her that he never actually got ordained and it wouldn't be legal. She was quite disappointed.

 
At 6:02 p.m., Blogger Synchronicity said...

awww that is a terrific picture! that was really nice of the couple to give you this photo.

 
At 7:55 p.m., Blogger amelia said...

Lovely pic of you!

I just read your comment on a post of mine about the book about an abused dog. I would love to read it and will try to order it from the 'net!! Thanks for the info.

 
At 9:24 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

Goodness, Philip--you do look quite ministerial in your official garb. I have become accustomed to the occasional photo you post of you in working gear--outdoor working, that is--that it is easy to forget you are a man of the cloth.
Very thoughtful of the newly wed couple.

 
At 3:29 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at you! *hellooooo* :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home