DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

First Snow

After a day of rain, the temperature dropped overnight and we got our first offering of snow.



















Snow is still falling at first light.



















There are a couple of inches of accumulation



















With the wind blowing if feels a lot colder than it is. They are calling for the sun to come out today so this snow may disappear by the end of the day. It will be even colder overnight.
I am not quite ready for this. It is about a month early.



The piglets have formed a pig pile to keep warm. They are waiting for their mother to come back to bed after having her morning feed. They will then pile uo against her and even on top of her to share her warmth.
Posted by Picasa

13 Comments:

At 8:33 a.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Say it ain't so.

 
At 9:00 a.m., Blogger Peggy said...

I know you rather not have snow right now but oh how I envy you! I love snow!

 
At 10:16 a.m., Blogger Janet said...

Mercy. Too right it's too early for snow! But it's very pretty. I'm quite content to wait for our share. It's already too cold for my taste.

 
At 11:05 a.m., Blogger Gattina said...

OMG, snow !!! already ?? that's terrible (I mean for me) The piglets have grown !!

 
At 12:44 p.m., Blogger amelia said...

I posted pics too!! I'm just loving it!!!

 
At 1:07 p.m., Blogger possum said...

WOW! I just can't imagine... been in the South too long - if one can really call coastal VA south... But, I used to live in Maine, and one year we had snow for my birthday - the middle of Sept!!!! Not much, and it melted so fast - but what a gift!!!! It is 68 here right now... I am getting ready to put the geraniums in the greenhouse for the winter. We have had a tiny frost and the next one might be a killer.
Thanks for the pictures...

 
At 2:37 p.m., Blogger Navigator said...

Snow! In the middle of October. Whatever happened to global warming?

 
At 3:14 p.m., Blogger Tom said...

Hello my friend...
How nice to see your face in my comments.. I have no excuse for not calling by only forgetfulness.... as soon as I got here it felt right as always... your piglet news was much better to read about than the snow.. ha!... I see in your profile you state you are 'retired'.. I do not know many that work harder than you do.... your winter posts last year were a complete eye opener to me and each post was looked forward to... I will be around again soon and catch up...

Tom ;o)

 
At 8:11 p.m., Blogger Ginnie said...

Your snow pictures depict an aura of chill and seclusion. Are you sure you're going to be OK up there? I'm glad you have the piggies to keep you company!!

 
At 3:11 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys don't waste time starting winter, do ya?!? I am in Boston and dreading it.

 
At 6:19 p.m., Blogger Rachel said...

Oh my goodness...snow!! It's pretty but makes me shiver seeing it!

The piglets are so pretty!!! Loved all the pictures in the previous post.

 
At 12:26 a.m., Blogger Mary said...

Philip,

I heard that it snowed up your way and they had predicted snow overnight for us as well. Thank goodness it didn't come about. I was thankful when I woke up this morning to green instead of white. I am not ready for it either. It's far too early. Though it looks pretty, it has to be shoveled and neither hubby nor I are up to it.

Enjoyed the photos of the piglets. Be sure to keep the stove stoked and try to keep warm.

Blessings,
Mary

 
At 6:38 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

R.I.P Gage

From: Dave, Redbridge, Ont.

We fortunatly met in an effort to find Gage a new home.

I was crushed to find out the outcome of the situation after all your efforts. We have followed your "blog" for updates. Guess we did not keep up enough as we are just learning of this now.

Please know you have our condolences and your pain is felt by all of us in Redbridge.

I am a firm believer in "what comes around, goes around" Your neighbor (if guilty) will have to meet his maker some day.

You were the best thing that ever happened to Gage and I'm glad to see you have been able to move on and enrich Heidi's life. We will try to follow her progress through your blog.


Sadly I have lost your e-mail address. Please e-mail me at:
davenohair@hotmail.com so we can touch base.

Best Regards.
Dave

 

Post a Comment

<< Home