DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Frosty Morning

We had a good frost last night! Invariably two things spring to mind!

"When the nights are hot and sticky,
That's no time for dunking dickie.

When the frost in on the pumpkin,
That's the time for dickie dunkin'."

I can't even remember who taught me this ditty.


The second is cooking on my wood stove. Somehow the aromas and heat is more embracing that cooking on the electric stove.























A bracing breakfast of bacon and eggs is called for. I prefer peameal bacon (it's a Canadian thing) but strippy bacon will do.



















Bacon, eggs, fried onions, toast and coffee




















Heidi thought I should share. "Down Heidi!" She is still learning to lie down while people eat.



Reinforced by a high caloric breakfast, it is time to return to splitting wood. I am running being in this task again this year. My limiting aches and pains make it slow going. Dave helps piling sometimes. (That is him in the background getting his walker over the electric fence.)
The snow we got a couple of days ago will be melted over the weekend. Hopeful deep snows will hold off for a while.
Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

At 12:56 p.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Breakfast looks good although I am a "strippy" man myself.

According to the picture, Heidi is not doing well with her lessons.

 
At 1:09 p.m., Blogger possum said...

Mmmmmmmm, I could almost smell that all the way down here in VA!
Funny, Heidi took the toast and not the bacon???????

 
At 10:15 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

Heidi--caught in the act. No filching from the table!
Now, about all that wood--while it is by no means the same thing, your wood pile does put me in mind of a yearly task my husband & I have--opening and closing our pool. Every year, I say--we are getting too old to do this.

 
At 6:56 a.m., Blogger Gretchen said...

Interesting little ditty. :)

The breakfast looks good, but I could never eat even half that! Then all that work? Nope! I'd be in bed for a month just thinking about it.

 
At 9:47 p.m., Blogger Mary said...

Philip,

There's nothing like food cooked on a woodstove. The meal looks delicious. I love either peameal bacon or side bacon (strippy bacon.)

Tell Dave to be careful getting that walker over the electric fence. That could cause quite a jolt.

Have a great weekend.
Blessings,
Mary

 
At 1:44 p.m., Blogger Janet said...

That looks yummy. Heidi is a bit of a sneak isn't she? :)
We'll have to try cooking something on the wood stove. I'm not sure it's quite that kind of wood stove though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home