DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

A Day Around the Cabin

Yesterday was a lovely day, with the rain shower holding off until the end of the day, so I spent some time at the cabin for some quiet time. I did some swimming, picked some berries and tried to obeserve the flora and fauna as closely as possible. I find it is in the small things, the details, in which the little mysteries and joys are revealed.


I took a few pictures too.


















I like this picture of the cabin framed by the foliage. I have my back to the river. In front on me is the place where we pass through the grass and other plants to go to swim.


















This is the full frontal view of the cabin. It is lovely to sit on the porch swing and watch the river and listen to the birds.


















The "guest house". If a camp had inside plumbing it would just be another suburban house.

The outhouse is a good place to sit and ponder the meaning of life in all it's ordinariness.






This a view from the top of the trail down to the river. The fire pit and the picnic table is the center of a lot of activity for the young at least. I prefer to sit on the verandah where I can see what is going on around the river. This year as usual there is a family of American Merganser ducks who often swim buy. Occasionally, canoeist slip past and we exchange waves.


If you enlarge this photo by clicking on it you will see my house about 1/4 mile away across the field. From the cabin, you are not aware of any other homes. Occasionally, you can hear a vehicle pass along the road in front of the house to let you know you are not far off the beaten path.


We have had record rainfall this summer so the river remains swollen with water. Perhaps, the Great Lakes will recover a little this year, filling up with water. After several years of some drought, summer and winter, the Great Lakes have suffered from lower water levels.

Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

At 9:17 a.m., Blogger KGMom said...

What lovely scenes. I can see how such a place would be restoring to body and soul.
Thanks for sharing.

 
At 2:00 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

If I had that cabin I would never leave. What a beautiful peaceful setting. And I love it has a outhouse!

 
At 3:08 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing Philip. I feel as though I am there, swimming and berry picking, how idylic. There is certainly nothing ordinary about the beauty you have captured here and you have painted pictures with your words too. I think I've missed my visits here Philip but I've been on holiday to Croatia, it was wonderful and I'll share some of my photos as soon as I can. Hope you are well. :o)

 
At 5:09 p.m., Blogger Janet said...

That's a wonderful place. It reminds me a little of ours, except as I mentioned, our river is nasty.

 
At 5:20 p.m., Blogger Tom said...

I'd move out there at the drop of an hat and sit back all day and relax..... what a beautiful place to live and die... .

 
At 7:24 a.m., Blogger amelia said...

I'm sure your soul needs some nurturing at this time and this looks like the place to do it!!

 
At 10:36 a.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

What a great spot. I'd miss the indoor facilities, but that's about all I'd miss.

 
At 1:17 a.m., Blogger Loretta said...

What beautiful pictures. I could sit on that swing and watch the river all day. I don't think the outhouse would even bother me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home