DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Friday, July 11, 2008

My Beloved Dog, Gage, is Gone

Two days ago, while I was off helping a friend, Gage disappeared. I have not been able to find out anything concerning his wereabouts. I have searched everwhere and asked everyone. I even personally spoke to the dog catcher and he didn't have him.

Needless, to say I am deeply saddened.

Gage was not with me long but we readily became fast friends. I shall miss his gentle nature. His acceptance of the other animals, particulary the cats and the Runt. I will miss his exuberance outside and his quiessence inside. I particularly will miss his lying on my bed whenever I was at the commuter. I will even miss having to encourage him to move over and give me more pillow when I wanted to get into bed.

If Gage is dead, I hope he did not suffer. If someone has him I hope they return the affection he is willing to give his care giver. It has been a blessing having him share his life with me for the short time we have been together.



For year to come I will remember and speak of this wonderful dog who came into my Life.
Posted by Picasa

15 Comments:

At 1:26 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

Oh I hope that he is just visiting and comes home! Gage is a awesome dog and I know he sure was attached to you. Do you think maybe there is a dog in season somewhere and he has gone there?

 
At 2:16 p.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

That disturbs me for his sake and yours. Hope he comes home wagging his tail behind him.

 
At 2:56 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure he'll be back Philip, I'll pray for his safe return. I was very shocked when I read the first line...
Stay positive and take care.
Peggy has a good point... do you think he went off to sow his wild oats. ( a funny saying that!) If so he may need lots of rest when he returns.

 
At 3:02 p.m., Blogger Casey said...

Oh Philip...I am hoping he just ventured off a bit. Are there neighbours nearby who may have taken him in? Perhaps if this is the case, once he gets "free" he will return to you. I lost my beloved cat ( a feral my husband rescued a few years ago) last fall. I was sick with worry...put up posters, advertised on the radio and checked the pound.

One night I woke up and thought I was dreaming. Here was my blue...rubbing all over me. Our home is a mobile...and we have an attached porch. We had a wood stove in it at one time, and when we took it out, hubby left the hole in the floor. Somehow she got in under the trailer, and came up through that hole...and came creeping right into the house. I was so happy, and we really believe that someone had her for a time and she came home as soon as she could.

I know what it is to love an animal. lol...somedays I like them much more than I do people.

Laurie

 
At 9:00 a.m., Blogger amelia said...

Oh I'm so sorry!! There is nothing worse than not knowing what's happened to your beloved pet.

I'm praying for his safe return or at least some knowledge for you as to what's happened to him.

 
At 7:55 p.m., Blogger Ginnie said...

The worse part is not knowing. We had a dog disappear for almost two weeks and then one night he appeared. I hope and pray that you will have the same thing happen.

 
At 9:32 a.m., Blogger MamaHen said...

Oh man! I hate that! He seemed like a very sweet and loyal dog. He may come back yet though. It's weird that on many of the blogs I read there has been a rash of people losing their pets lately. I'm very sorry Philip.

 
At 2:01 p.m., Blogger Mary said...

Philip,

I pray that Gage is safe and that he comes back to you. I know how you must miss him. We bond with our pets and they are much like our children. Hopefully he is just out exploring and visiting.

Blessings,
Mary

 
At 5:58 p.m., Blogger Gretchen said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, Phil! I truly hope that he is returned to you

 
At 12:37 a.m., Blogger Loretta said...

I am so sorry. Like the others, I am hopeing he is visiting a lady friend. I will say a prayer for his safety.

 
At 1:28 a.m., Blogger Gattina said...

I am so sorry for you ! how terrible ! It is even worse when a beloved animal disappears and we don't know where it is then if it dies. I really hope you will find him back again, of course I can't say anything because here a dog could never disappear they usually are always found. But where you live it is probably different. I am sure you did everything possible to find him. I know the sorrow is sometimes more than for a human relative !

 
At 8:39 a.m., Blogger Tom said...

Phillip I'm gutted.. I really feel for you at this time.
Tom

 
At 11:13 a.m., Blogger Alyssa said...

I'm so sorry for both you and Gage. My heart dropped when I read your title and opening line. I'm just hoping that you'll be surprised one morning by him sitting on your porch, waiting to eat. Anything can happen and I'll keep adding my good thoughts along with everyone else I hopes for a good out-come. Take care of yourself and remain positive!

 
At 11:18 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Philip, just dropping by to see how you are. :o)

 
At 9:40 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your Gage. I hope your wonderful memories of how happy you made each other will be some comfort to you. Cathe in S. Mississippi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home