DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Gage. . . . . the Weather!

I can't resist posting a couple of more pictures of my new dog, Gage. He continues to be a delight, a constant companion, well behaved, affectionate, loyal, comes when called, likes to be with me. ( I would add wonderful to lie in bed with for a nap, . . . .BUT, a man has to have a few sectrets.) Gee, all the qualities I look for in a woman and have never been able to find in a complete package! (smile. . .I am just kidding)



















Here is Gage lying on his bed at the foot of mine. This is where is sleeps and lies when I am in my room diddling with the computer. He is a strong silent type, with a doleful look.



















He isn't perfect!!! Really! I put my gloves down to take a picture and he grabbed on to carry around in his mouth and jump around like a rabbit, dropping it and picking it up again. This was not a "one of". Later in the day he mouthed a glove and stood at the door to go out and play with it. I wonder where he picked up this habit. If this is his only bad habit, it is easy to del with. Iwill keep several pairs of gloves around so I can find a pair when I need them.

Peggy! I am resisting putting fake antlers on Gage. It is hard. More than once I have looked at him at a distance and thought he looked like a deer as he not only runs, he also bounds and hops in and out of the deep snow.



















Here is a nicely sculpted drift off the end of the wood pile. It is about four feet deep. Where I walk through it , just out of the picture is is up to my mid-thigh. Wind does wonderful things with snow.

After the storm we had the wind died down the sky cleared and the temperature rose a little.
Great days to be outside.



Not quite as graceful as Mother Nature but striking in their own way are the piles of snow plowed up in town. ( Aren't you just tempted to dig a snow cave in it to sleep in overnight!) This is in front of the car at the Caisse Populaire. ( For the Americans, this is our local credit union, a French Canadian institution. Like many rural institutions it is a members owned cooperative. )Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

At 9:15 a.m., Blogger Peggy said...

I have a extra set of antlers. LOL I think you and he have found the perfect partner in crime.

 
At 1:17 p.m., Blogger Marvin said...

No, no, no. Don't make Gage suffer the indignity of having to wear antlers. :-)

Thanks for the Gage update.

 
At 1:52 a.m., Blogger Deborah Wilson said...

Nice looking dog, Philip. I wanted to say that I enjoyed your Picasa slide show. I assume that is your cabin?? Water pump in the kitchen??How nice!

 
At 8:30 a.m., Blogger J C said...

Oh my gosh what a lot of snow! Spells C-O-L-D to me!!! I'll be in 76 degree temps today. Lovin' it! Phillip, Gage is WONDERFUL and he is certainly making you happy. Warms my heart to see this companionship. He loves you already, you can see it in his faithful eyes!

 
At 11:54 p.m., Blogger Mary said...

Philip,

I love Gage. He has character and you and he are going to have a lot of fun together. Stealing gloves isn't a good habit, but he could have worse ones. Before Meeko, I had an American Eskimo who liked to steal socks. He would shake them as if he were killing them. I don't know how he got this habit, but did this from the time he was a puppy.

Take care. That's a lot of snow you have.

Blessings,
Mary

 
At 8:04 a.m., Blogger amelia said...

I haven't read all of your blog, I just found it through Peggys Hidden Haven but is Gage a rescued dog? It looks that way because you aren't aware of all his habits. He looks like a wonderful boy and happy too.

We have four rescued dogs and are so happy to have them. It get's expensive with vet bills but it's worth it.

I love what I've read and will be a regular reader from now on.

 
At 10:51 a.m., Blogger Neva said...

Gage seems to be settling in!! Looks cold where you are but it is cold here as well! Beautiful snow.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home