DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Monday, December 17, 2007

Hard to Believe

It is hard to believe in Santa Claus when there are so many imposters around.

Bah Humbug!


When I found this picture I was tempted to try to answer the questions, "Where is Santa (Waldo) Claus!
I have not got into the Christmas spirit yet It is hard. I am among those many people, either old or poor or both, who are deserted by family and friends at Christmas. I just hope I might get a couple of books as gifts to help the day to pass. (I do have one so far, my sister who always sends me a book has send me the new biography of Pierre Elliot Trudeau., "Citizen of the World, the Life of Pierre Elliot Trudeau, Vol. one."
We will have a turkey meal here but three old people and a drunk is not much fun. Gee I am sounding a little sorry for myself! Je le regrete! ( I am not as "down in the mouth " as I sound. But it may get worse before it gets better.)
There was a time when as the minister of a church , I was in the midst of all the activities of the season. Life deals you many hands and the one I have now is quite different.
Hopefully lightning will strike and I will find a little joy of the season.Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

At 1:16 a.m., Blogger Gattina said...

That's the trouble with Christmas everybody expects a lot of it and is then disappointed. I always think it's better to be alone then in bad company ! Besides our son we don't have any family around the Italian family is 1300 km away and not very pleasant to celebrate with ! We will spend Christmas eve in Amsterdam at my son's flat and go back on 25 afternoon. I would have prefered to celebrate here, Amsterdam in winter is no fun and besides that he has a rather strange girlfriend.
I took note that Santa is Canadian, lol !

 
At 5:25 a.m., Blogger Nasim Fekrat said...

Dear Philip,

Thanks for the comment. The village for child is close to Kabul city. We can say outskirt of Kabul but normally the come to the city for work.

Nasim

 
At 2:42 p.m., Blogger Tom said...

You made me chuckle here tonight, so when you have the time see if the pictures of dogs that Peter as took just of late puts a smile on your face.. if not then maybe the picture I have altered might.

 
At 4:45 p.m., Blogger Yerma said...

Oh! I want to confess that finding you blog was a great pleasure, beside your writing I'm so excited about the sidebar! It makes me busy for hours, I adopted an animal & I'm so happy about that! and I wish I could find someone to make a countdown for our lovely president(I'm from Iran)

Thank you very much!

 
At 1:31 a.m., Blogger Alyssa said...

Is there somewhere where you could volunteer or help out during the holidays. It seems like senior homes or shelters are always in need of caring souls. I hate to think of you getting more and more glum. Don't wait for the Christmas spirit to find you - go out and find it! There is plenty around.

 
At 12:53 p.m., Blogger Rachel said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about Ben being killed. (I am catching up on reading blogs.) How sad. Looks like you have a pretty dog now though!

I hope the Christmas spirit hits you soon. I kind of know what you mean, as I've been a little down lately myself. Reading all the blogs is perking me up somewhat though!

 
At 7:35 p.m., Blogger Deborah Wilson said...

Philip,

Try to find some joy this week - I'm sure that you can..:)

Wishing you a Happy Day for Christmas.

 
At 8:47 a.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It is very sad when your Christmas highlight is reading about PET. You could flagellate yourself for your sins instead. It might be less painful. :)

Okay, I am trying to be funny when you are not, but I can't help it. However, I really hope that it does go better than what you expect.

 
At 11:50 p.m., Blogger Mary said...

Philip,

I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a healthy and prosperous New Year.

Blessings, my friend.
Mary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home