DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

Look what we got!!! Snow.



















This snow is coming down in big wet flakes which stick to the brush across the road. The snow just got going good like someone shook the "snow globe" in which we live, when the lumber yard delivered the shingles and wood to repair the front porch.! Hummmm.

This snow won't last. That snow is about a month away. The temperature is going to rise until it is 7C on Tuesday, with rain. Between now and them I may get the porch roof done. . . . touch wood!



















Looking across the side 20 acre pasture toward the river, we are socked in with low snow cloud cover.























My lilac bush settling in for a long Winter. I already yearn for the Spring Lilac blooms already.


















Down in the yard. I have been working on improvements to my shed. The wheel barrow in the yard is full of pig manure. Dave spent yesterday flipping the droppings into the barrow with a shovel. The pigs have been wandering around carefreely dropping wherever. Between efforts Dave sits on his walker and surveys the scene, and I think he enjoys the animals. I hope we might get a horse which I know he would enjoy. Posted by Picasa

12 Comments:

At 6:27 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

oh i want that snow!! hope you get your roof done before the big snow.

 
At 7:43 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

I'm with Peggy--I do want snow. I love it, and we have had precious little snow the last couple of winters.
Maybe this winter--if you can send some our way.

 
At 9:15 p.m., Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

The snow looks very pretty in your pictures, and I enjoy looking at it, but I don't want it!

Renie

 
At 9:32 p.m., Blogger MamaHen said...

It's hard for me to imagine so much snow so early in the year! I can't remember if we even got any last year; I don't really think so. I would like to wake up in my new house this winter and look out to fresh fallen snow! That would be great!

 
At 7:45 a.m., Blogger J C said...

Brrrrrrr. But it's so peaceful looking. I know how snow makes everything quiet, and you can hear twigs snap, and crows echoing a half mile away. Beautiful. Thanx for sharing.

 
At 9:57 a.m., Blogger Gattina said...

How awful ! Snow !! I am so happy to lay here in the sunshine at 32 deg ! At home it had snowed a little too. I think I will stay here, lol ! Internet connection is very cheap one hours 2 euros !! that's why I can blog everyday.

 
At 11:51 a.m., Blogger Tom said...

I'm looking forward to your winter postings, your life style really appeals to me. Good luck with the roof and all the other winter preperations.
May Your Log Pile Never Run Low.

 
At 3:36 p.m., Blogger Mary said...

Philip,

We did get a fine snow pretty much all day on Thursday, but it melted as soon as it hit. Today we are getting a drizzle of rain.

Great photos! I'm hoping the snow holds off a little longer in our neck of the woods. When snow if fresh, it's so pretty and then by the end of the day, it is dirty with pollutants. I imagine your snow stays much cleaner than ours.

Good luck getting the roof done.

Blessings,
mary

 
At 5:01 p.m., Blogger Rosie said...

Oh my goodness! You have snow! Lots of it, looks like. All that wood chopping will now pay off.

 
At 11:52 p.m., Blogger Deborah Wilson said...

Philip,

The snow pics are beautiful - I wish that we had snow like that down south. One day, I would like to build a decent snowman.

I hope that your toe (foot is better), you should be careful.

Sophia Loren was pretty, my grandpa thought so too...:)

 
At 7:06 p.m., Blogger Gretchen said...

I'm sooo not ready for snow! It looks pretty in photos when someone else is dealing with it though. :)

 
At 6:16 p.m., Blogger Lizzy said...

I love snow,we hardly ever get it here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home