DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Monday, November 05, 2007

Cats and Rabbits that Live in the House


















This little kitten has staked out a claim on this spot on the wood box as close as possible to the fire box of the stove. I think it plans to be here all Winter.


















The rest of the cats sleep in this pussy pile in a corner the other side of the wood stove out of any possible drafts. They have an old shirt of Veronica to sleep on. I guess they like her smell.
As I remember, I did! (Funny the thing you remember and cherish about people.) i think I have 12 cats.
























I made this collage of June's pet rabbits. She has four. The two large ones I gave her from my rabbitry and the small ones are minitures she purchased. They have their own fancy cages in her sitting room and sem to give her much pleasure. hey certainly are much pampered compared to my 22 rabbits in the shed, which I view as livestock.

Now that I have firgured out how to make a collage I will use it more.

7 Comments:

At 2:12 a.m., Blogger Mary said...

Philip,

Your house has lots of pets. I just have Meeko, the Alaskan malamute. He's a darling.

I didn't realize you had so many rabbits. Do you raise them for meat?

How is that toe doing? I bet it's still pretty soar.

Have a great week and try to stay safe.

Blessings,
Mary

 
At 5:10 a.m., Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Mary, Thanks for asking for my toe.
It is still a little tender. it's colour has improved.

My shed rabbits are raised for meat. I sell them live. I am not a good killer. My firend Veronica was supposed to be the killer before she left.

 
At 8:06 a.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I hope those dozen cats don't try to sleep on your bed. One on mine is more than enough.

 
At 10:19 a.m., Blogger Mary said...

Philip,

Thanks for posting on my Monday's Child post. I enjoy visiting with you.

I don't blame you for selling the rabbits live. I've helped Dad skin rabbits as a child and it's not a fun job.

Glad the toe is better. It will take it a couple of weeks to heal, I'd think but it must be very sore. Keep an eye on it and be sure that it heals properly.

Blessings for a great day.
Mary

 
At 12:49 p.m., Blogger Tom said...

My dad bred rabbits for meat and some to show... we must have eat a lot of rabbit meat when younger.
I grew up with a liking for both rabbit and pigeon meat, I kept my own rabbits for a while and shot both rabbit and pigeon, skinning, cleaning and cooking them. Now I don't think I could eat a rabbit or pigeon let alone kill gut and a clean them. I can not remember when I changed my mind though.

Great news about you toes... so glad they are on the mend.

 
At 8:59 p.m., Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Your cats found the perfect spot to keep warm. And the rabbit collage is neat!

I, too, am glad your toe is better. And that photo of you as a very young man is cute!

Renie

 
At 10:58 a.m., Blogger Gretchen said...

What adorible pets!!! Always good for a smile. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home