DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving Day


I wish family and friends in the United States a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. I trust you will be sharing this holiday with family and friends over a delectable traditional meal. We all have much for which to be thankful both materially and socially. This is worthy of celebration but there are also those who do not share in good fortune, perhaps beginning with native North Americans. We all need to think of them also.
I shall be dusting off my copy of Bradford's Journal and reading once again his account of the first Thanksgiving. The roll of Chief Massasoit, his tribe, which brought much game to the feast, and the English speaking Squanto, who was so helpful to the strangers, always interested me.
The other amasing element of the story is the faith of the Pilgrims. They were ready to give thanks for what they had in spite of living with the reality of what they had lost, only 50% of there colony that left Europe had survived. God's blessing of friends, food and hope did not come without a deep sadness.Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 9:12 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Incredibly nice photo of that turkey.

 
At 9:25 a.m., Blogger Mary said...

Philip,

A wonderful Thanksgiving message for our friends in the United States. The picture of the turkey is fabulous and I heard on the news that the Turkey Pardon ceremony was conducted by President Bush. The music is beautiful. I would like to join you in wishing all of US friends a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.

Blessings,
Mary

 
At 7:26 a.m., Blogger J C said...

I love that turkey photo. Does he live in your woods? Good music! I hope you have a beautiful day, Phillip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home