DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

(This blog entry will remain at the top until Thanksgivng)

Looking Forward to Thanksgiving


In anticipation of the American Thanksgiving I invite you to click on the picture below and enjoy one of Jacquie Lawson's animated cards. I don't know if anyone other than myself notices her link in my sidebar. It automatically changed each month with another delightful animation. I hope you will visit her website and linger for a couple of hours and enjoy her cards and the story of her life and her dog, often included in her animations. For some reason she has a lot of Americana type cards.

If you are not a cheap bugger like myself you might even subscribe and then you can send her cards to friends.

In short, I really like her cards. So go ahead and click on the one below.



Jacquie Lawson e-cards

A Thanksgiving Card for You


I remember all the hubbub in the week before Thanksgiving when I lived in the US. Calm down and take it easy.

Some of my most memorable Thanksgivings were celebrated in the US when my American friend included us in their celebrations. They were great times with wonderful friends.

13 Comments:

At 6:37 p.m., Blogger Mary said...

Philip,

I'm up for celebrating American Thanksgiving in Canada, as well as our own. That means we can have turkey in October and November. I love turkey.

The card is beautiful. I'm going to go over and check out the site. Thanks for the link.

Let me know if your toe has healed and how things are in your part of Ontario.

Blessings,
Mary

 
At 7:20 p.m., Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving, and being with family and close friends, enjoying the good food and the good company, and of course, reflecting on all the things I'm thankful for.

The card is beautiful, and I, too, am going to check out Jacquie Lawson's web site. Thanks for the link. And by the way, your Armistice Day post was the greatest!

Renie

 
At 7:51 p.m., Blogger Mary said...

Philip,

Thanks for your comments on my Muskoka post. Yes, it's not a place that just everyone can live. Property values have gone through the roof. Glad you enjoyed it for a time. Temagami is also a beautiful part of the country. Maybe one day I will get up your way.

Sorry the toe is still giving you pain.

 
At 3:30 p.m., Blogger Lady Di Tn said...

Hi
Came over from Mary's to listen to the music.
I thought you had a great idea.
I belong to JL website and send all my friends and family her e cards all the time.
Puppy(my son) will be here a whole week from college. That is a wonderful thanksgiving blessing.
peace be with you.

 
At 5:13 p.m., Blogger Leann said...

love the card.its so cool.
have a great day.

 
At 10:14 p.m., Blogger Tee/Tracy said...

I love her e-cards. They are so beautiful and sweet. My grandma often E-mails them to me. I love how she's able to tell a little story without a word and they're so fun to watch.

 
At 10:18 a.m., Blogger J C said...

I am CALM, QUIET, and REFUSE to get mixed in with all the holiday hubbub that goes on around me. I am a peaceful person. I wish I lived in the woods so I could hear bird calls and wolf howls instead of motorcycles and fire engines, and could walk in the silence of the wild to decorate a growing tree with popcorn and peanut butter for the birds and squirrels, one that would be lit only by the moon and stars and sun, and no electricity. Such is life that I am "trapped" and must make the best of it. So I remain at peace within myself. I envy your life Philip. Well, all except the wood cutting. :)

 
At 10:35 a.m., Blogger lv2scpbk said...

I like the card. Thanksgiving isn't even here yet, and it's almost like they skipped it and went straight to Christmas.

 
At 1:19 p.m., Blogger Marie said...

A very happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends. We don't celebrate it in France as you know. However a lot of Christmas decorations have been installed in the streets of my city.

 
At 12:24 a.m., Blogger Alyssa said...

Wonderful card web site. It's just what I've been looking for so I joined for 2 years!

The Christmas parade blog was really neat. It sure gets you in the holiday mood.

Thank you for the holiday wishes - we all do have lots to be thankful for.

P.S. Love the Latin music!!

 
At 4:39 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my favorite holiday. Nothing much to it. Just take the day off and have dinner with friends and family.

 
At 11:06 p.m., Blogger dmmgmfm said...

I am going to see my son for Thanksgiving. There will be much to be thankful for! I hope your day is wonderful.

Hugs,
Laurie

 
At 9:07 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you like Jacquie Lawson's ecards, you may want to check out Ojolie's ecards as well. The url is www.ojolie.com.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home