DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Five Facts About Me Meme


I have been tagged by Raindrops to reveal five things about myself.


Here are the rules: (i) Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog. (ii) Share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. (iii) Tag 3 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. Let them know they are TAGGED by leaving a comment on their blog.


1. I am a compulsive researcher. In BC (before computer) I spent a lot of time looking through my library to discover information and confirm facts I had heard. I actually spent time reading encyclopaedia.


2. I have not been able to master talking French. I formally studied French from Grade 7 through to my first year of University. I have lived 25 years in a French speaking part of Ontario. Still I have no courage to use the French I do know. Perhaps i should have taken the advice to take a French lover!!! I can read French and subscribe to a French periodical and often read the French side on products at the store. I view this as one of my greatest failures. I am very pleased that my three grandchildren are bilingual and take their schooling in French. I love languages and think everyone should learn to speak at least two.

I am currently trying to learn a little Spanish. I don't seem to know when to quit.

3. I am interested in erotica written by women. I am trying to figure out how it differs from erotica written by men.

4. In spite of my intellectual interest in religion and my social activism, I discovered my greatest strength was that of as a "pastor" being supportive of people in distress and holding little old ladies hands. I always looked forward to attending the ladies meeting of my church. particularly when the served pecan pie. I became very skilled at balancing a tea cup, a pie plate and still have a free hand to touch and greet people. (The things they don't teach in seminary)


5. I am personally very conventional in my life but I am often drawn to people living very unconventional lives. I have enjoyed the company of lesbian couples, transexuals, members of the black Panther Party, Marxists, Marijuana growers, member of the Chamber of


Commerce, Harvard and Yale students, tradeschool apprentices, illiterate bush workers etc. to name a few. Life is a rich mixture of people.


I am to tag three people. Because I would like to know more about them I tag Rebecca, Alyssa and Lizzi.

3 Comments:

At 9:31 a.m., Blogger Gattina said...

Knowing languages is very important at least for those who don't know english, lol ! And above all the Europeans ! Because wherever I travelled through the world, I had to speak english most of the time. French I can only speak here, in France or in Canada. German limits me to Germany, Austria and Switzerland and Italian is spoken only in Italy.

 
At 5:56 p.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Good job. By what you can read, I'd say your French is a gazillion times better than mine.

I'm not at all convinced that you conventional.

 
At 8:08 p.m., Blogger Mary said...

Philip,

I cannot speak but a few words of French, so you have me beat. It wasn't a required subject when I went to school, but the grandsons are learning it and can speak it quite nicely.

I too have met a mix of people from all walks of life. It's great to learn about people.

Take care and do hope the toe is better. I enjoyed my visit, as always.

Blessings,
Mary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home