DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Orange Juice is spoiled for me!
























A refreshing glass of O.J. from Florida

If I never hear about the other O.J. from Florida it will not be soon enough. He is beyond contempt and one can only wish he never surfaced again.

I find the news coverage of this person insulting. He deserves to be ignored by the newsmedia. But it is news, you say! Well the news media decides to ignore real news around the World daily so that it may entertain us with so much drivel. It goes out of its way to appeal to our lesser instincts to look into the lives of the rich and famous/infamous.

Why is O.J. so news worthy that his crime, his character, his friends, his history needs to be detailed all day long. What is newsworthy about "Where are they now? (the players in his murder trial). And what makes their opinion in the present situation of any importance.

Then there are the endless experts. What self respecting professional: lawyer, psychiatrist, psychologist, sociaologist, academic etc would ever allow themselves to be drawn into TV pop analysis on less than full information. TV coverage becomes not only an appeal to our purient interest but in effect the trial of a case. Where is the remote. . .where is the remote. I need to turn this stuff off.

I may never drink O.J. from Florida again. It is tainted for me with it's association with the other O.J. from Florida, the criminal. For now, it is cranberry juice for me to perk me up in the morning. ( In about a month we will be able to tramp the Cache Bay cranberry bog and pick berries and make out own! There is an association worth having.)

7 Comments:

At 12:55 p.m., Blogger Tom said...

I agree whole-heartedly with you about this. We have to put up with him on the news here, yours must be 24/7. Beneath contempt and not worth the airtime. The silver lining in this very dark cloud is the Cranberries, very good for your health.
All the best and don't forget one thing... you have he power to turn off or over. ha!

 
At 2:51 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

I agree too. I just hope this time he gets some jail time. Now I am off to drink a glass of cranberry juice (the real stuff)

 
At 2:51 p.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

But this is a bilingual country. Can you say Jus d'Orange?

 
At 9:35 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so over OJ and already sick of hearing about it! But then again, I would rather hear about that then the problems of Britney!

 
At 11:44 p.m., Blogger ancient one said...

Someone is trying to sell his book. All this publicity will help. Bunch of junk is what I call it!!

 
At 2:27 a.m., Blogger Alyssa said...

I guess the media thinks we are all very stupid and want to be entertained and not informed. A very sad comment on our times!

 
At 7:25 a.m., Blogger possum said...

OJ is just another one of our national embarrassments. It is so sad that we humans BUY into watching or caring about this crap. Otherwise, it would not be on there. Likewise, every time I scroll from the news to PBS, I pass some story on the baby of that blonde imitation of Marilyn Monroe who died of an overdose. What was her name? My answer to it all is to unplug the TV (saves more than $10 a month if you unplug it) and we only have ours plugged in about 9 hours a week, for news, concerts. No cable, no dish. Books, nature, people, critters. Who needs TV?
I'd love to go berrying with ya! WOW, Real fresh cranberries! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home