DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Laura's Great Adventure

I just found out my niece Laura has finally moved to Ausstralia. This has been in the works for some time trying to get all the paperwork in order, still I felt a twinge of regret to know that she is so far away. What I feel is nothing compared to what my brother and his wife feel. . . . At night when all is still I expect to be able to hear them weeping and wailing. . . . My brother has a wonderful bond with his girls and will miss Laura, his first born who is now so far away.

Over the years I have not seem much of Laura and her sisters Heather and Andrea, since the family moved to North Carolina. I have followed their growing and their education (at which they have excelled) over the years. I have always been very interested in the three girls and how they have developed as wonderful women.




Laura is the oldest and this past year she has become an immigration lawyer. (Not that she could do anything for our undocumented relatives in the US. Not all illegal residents speak Spanish and swim the Rio Grande: some speak English and swim the Niagara River. lol)
Laura has gone to Australia to be with her beau, Dominic. I wish them a wonderful life together in the land down under.
Laura has started a blog, http://redozzy.blogspot.com/ , to share her life with those of us left behind. I shall read it with interest.
Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

At 12:51 p.m., Blogger Deborah Wilson said...

Tossing -

I've finally made it over to your blog with enough time to read some of your posts. It looks like you live in a very beautiful place. I'm sure that you will miss your neice. It is always sad whenever our family moves far away, but we must always wish them luck in their decisions. I thank you for visiting my blog.

 
At 7:31 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

your niece's blog is by invitation only so you will have to fill the rest of us in on her adventures. William has always wanted to move there. I am afraid to move anywhere out of the US right now because we are so hated everywhere.

 
At 8:29 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

It is very hard when family members are so far away. One real plus is the availability of the Internet, of blogs, and of emails.
Last year my daughter was in Ghana (for about a half year) and we kept in touch by email. Now she is in the UK, and once again email keeps us linked.
I do admit, though, Australia is a bit further away!

 
At 10:57 p.m., Blogger Rosie said...

Awww, that sounds so exciting! I think if I were young again I might have wanted to head there. I went to the UK instead for 3 years.

Where are your NC relatives? I'm very close to there.

 
At 4:08 a.m., Blogger Alyssa said...

I'll bet this will be quite an adventure for her. It's nice that her blog will keep everyone up to speed on her doings. She's lovely and must be very intelligent to have become a lawyer. Good for her!

 
At 2:23 p.m., Blogger possum said...

Ahhh, to be so young......... and to be able to set off on such an adventure. And she comes from such a good family!

 
At 3:58 a.m., Blogger Tom said...

May all her dreams and wisher be fullfilled.

 
At 8:09 a.m., Blogger J C said...

Your family pictures are great and Laura is beautiful! Ask the Universe for a scaler's rule and you just might attract one. Keep asking!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home