DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Congratulations to the Smithermans

Today at a lodge not far from here George Smitherman, the Ontario government Health Minister is getting married to his partner Christopher Peloso, a former local Sudburian.

Here is an article in the upscale Toronto Life Magazine (which used to be my bible for choosing great dining places when , a life time ago, I fancied myself a sophisticated urbanite.)
Toronto Life: Groom With a View

It has been nearly forty years since I celebrated a wedding ceremony for a gay couple. I still find it remarkable how easily Canada has accepted the reality of gay marriage. The Smitherman/Peloso wedding certain sees the establishment acceptance of this change in the way we understand civil rights.

The present Conservative federal government of Stephen Harper has threatened to revisit this issue. The reality is. . . .it is not an issue. Their regressive threat will die a-borning!
CTV.ca Tory win could change wedding date: Smitherman

It seems Smitherman has a good sense of humour. When asked what he would wear he said. . . "a thong!" I just can't get that image out of my head. Ont. cabinet minister to wed gay partner

1 Comments:

At 9:59 a.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

We do a lot right in this country.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home