DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A Lazy Hazy Day

It is a hot and sunny day today after some thundershowers yesterday. We may have more later today (we are under a thunderstorm watch), but so far so good.

It is a slow day to luxurate in the lovely water of the river. Later a tour through the family
photos will be Veronica torture as I need to find some to take to the family reunion.
I may end up telling her the story of my life!!!!



Click on pictures to enlarge


















Grits and eggs for breakfast. I may be the only person in Ontario with a supply of grits. I have not been able to find them in a Canadian grocery store. My 25 pounds came from Florida last year along with the 25 pounds of coarse stone ground corn meal (makes the best cornbread) which is also scarce in these parts, and 25 pounds of pecans, from South Carolina. This morning I thought grits and eggs were in order. I only wish I had some peamealed bacon, (a cured Canadian bacon rolled in pea meal)., to round off the meal. Alas, we settled for what we had.



















I have nice litter of bunnies, four days old. It looks like one white one, four reddish ones and four black ones. Success at last. Nine is a large litter. I was adviced I should cull art least two as the mother does not have nine teats, but she seems to be able to feed them all so I will let them be.

I have had trouble successfully raising rabbits. I guess I got it figured out now. I have another female that may drop a litter soon.




















Here is the proud mother, keeping watchover her young who are just beginning to get their fur. She is a good sized rabbit so I hope her offspring grow big.

Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 2:48 p.m., Blogger J C said...

Your bunnies are so cute. We used to have wild bunnies and for three years in a row momma bunny had them under our Plumbagos. But then we got the dog, so she moved on down the street.

I LOVE grits!!!!! I have them for breakfast a lot! Or maybe lunch. :)

 
At 4:19 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

its true a rabbit only has 8 tits but my rabbit has raised 12 with no problem. She divided them into 2 different nests. Bigger ones together and the smaller ones together. She always fed the smaller ones first... smart bunny. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home