DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Monday, June 11, 2007

My favourite Garden Plants


I am not a very patient or accomplished gardener. Some of my favourite plants in my garden by the house are viewed below. They are herbs and they give you a great deal for little effort. Flower growing does not interest me. I like things you can eat.


















I love chives in the garden. Chives - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia They produce these lovely flowers early in the season. They are there for the nibbling all summer.
They usually put out more flowers than this but this year some on my animals thought it would like to try chives. I suspect Daisy the cow.




















This is lovage. Lovage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia It just grows and expands every year. It tastes like celery and can replace it in salads.





















This is the chinese lantern plant. Physalis alkekengi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia It is a invasive species and is gradually taking overy my entire garden. I will have to find another place for it to spread in abundance. I want to grow enough of it so I can make a jam out of the interesting single berry in the chinese lantern if forms.


















This is horseradish. Horseradish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I love horseradish. Eating beef is an excuse to eat horseradish. If your eyes don't water it isn't strong enough. I pickle some each year using the root. The plant is quite indistructable. I found my starter plants on an old homestead site where it was growing wild. At one time it was a basic plant in farmhouse garden being used extensively in canning.

None of these plants need much in the way of tending or weeding. They grow like weeds.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 9:51 a.m., Blogger Peggy said...

wish my herbs looked as good as yours!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home