DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Ancient Wisdom: Contemporary Folly




Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.

Confucius



' More than 800 of them have lost an arm, a leg, fingers or toes. More than 100 are blind. Dozens need tubes and machines to keep them alive. Hundreds are disfigured by burns, and thousands have brain injuries and damaged minds. These are America’s war wounded, a toll that has received less attention than the 3,500 troops killed in Iraq. Depending on how you count them, they number between 35,000 and 53,000. '

The Iraqi dead and injuried are well over a million.


It seems all we can do is weep. Americans need to find the courage to admit their folly and demand the end to the criminal laying waste of the country of Iraq.

4 Comments:

At 1:03 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

We Americans have, we just need to get the "leaders" to listen and do the same. As you can see from the poll Bush has the lowest rating of any president. So many Americans are speaking up and stepping out to let their views be known but our local, state, and federal leaders choose not to listen to the people. I will get off the soap box but please don't lump us Americans all together in whats being done or not done. We are trying to change things.

 
At 7:34 p.m., Blogger J C said...

I've been so busy I haven't been able to visit in a few days but I did notice your absence here and there. Ah hah! Now I understand. You have a lovely visitor, and you have some more wonderful pets, all to keep you busy. How good of you to take them in (the pets I mean). PLEASE don't tell me when/if you eat the rabbit. I can't think of eating something I have cared for and scratched and petted. Um, Phillip, are those roosters and hens in the house? I mean, in the HOUSE?

I am with Peggy. Please don't lump us all together. Many (most I think) of us hate the war and many of us tell our congressmen and others our opinions, but...alas, one cannot fight city hall. And that's not a cop out, it's simply a truth.

 
At 8:30 a.m., Blogger J C said...

Philip, I just noticed that you have trimmed your beard. In the pic w/your pretty visitor you look much different than your profile picture. Lookin' good, boy!

 
At 1:40 p.m., Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Judie, Believe it or not, I clean up quite well when I make an effort. Veronica can cut hair, among her many talents.:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home