DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

A New Neighbour

My neighbour just got a horse. It is a mare and she is not very big. I walked down to see her and welcomed her to the neighbourhood. Her temperament is calm. I expect she is a riding horse.



















This is a picture over the fence. If your click on it, it will enlarge and you can see the roof of the cabin on the right. The evergreen trees are some of the 10,000 I have planted along the river. They are white spruce and are growing nicely now. The river runs in a 25 foot trench in front of the trees and the cabin.




















With a little barley I encouraged the mare to come closer for a better view. She has been going up and down the fence line since she arrived looking over at the cows and pigs I have in my yard. I think she would like to join my herd. A solitary horse is a lonely site. They need companionship.

It will be nice to look out the back window and see this one every day. I miss my horses. I still have two saddles and tack stored away hoping I some day might get another horse. It would be nice if my grandchildren could ride.




















The landscape is greening up nicely. This is a view of my neighbour Leo's place. it is 1/4 mile away across my side field. This week the poplar trees are devleoping light green leaves to contrast with the dark green of the evergreens. The grass wil be growing quickly beteen now and July when haying will be underway. I will have to cut the lawn once or twice a week for some time until the really hot days of summer.
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 9:17 a.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You've really planted 10000 trees? Dems alotta trees.

 
At 9:57 a.m., Blogger Peggy said...

love the horse! What a view to have outside your window.

 
At 2:07 p.m., Blogger Rachel said...

The horse is beautiful! I love horses and there's nothing nicer to look out and see! Enjoy!

 
At 8:33 a.m., Blogger J C said...

She's beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home