DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Going's On


Testerday, Daisy the dog, not Daisy the cow, went to the doggy beautician and had a hair cut. Looks different!



















She still can growl if you get to close to Dave. What a guard dog.




















Grrrrrr! Giving me the evil eye.



















Today, I am cleaning out the hen house. Not a pleasant job. Smelly! I am surprised how much droppings can accumulate over the Winter. I am spreading it on the vegetable garden before my neighbour tills it with his large tiller behind his tractor.

The last pig I sold, Nuts, was finally crated up (with no further injuries to me) and taken to his new home. In the end, coaxing him in did not work so I grabed him by the hind legs and man handled him into the crate. It was a race to one of two conclusions: he would go in or I would drop down dead for the effort. It took me a couple of hours to recover but he went in and is now someonelse's challenge. I feel guilty as I know a painful and most unpleasant castration will be inflictected on this 100 pound pig.

I will miss him in a way, He sure was interesting to have around. As the runt, he took a beating. Three times he was mauled by a neighbour's dog leaving him with bleeding wounds. Luckily pigs are tough and heal quickly.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home