DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

A Good Day



Hey, Dad! Let's play some ball.























After two days of rain, the sun is out; the grass is turning green and we feel ready to play!


















This morning began with the ground fog burning off. The line of trees and fog is by the river.























After another scare,( for me), being alone with Dave, he had a low sugar episode. June got home in time to get him straightened around. I apparently did some things right. Now the Patriarch of the house is feeling and eating well. Yesterday he shared his memories of working in the logging camp with horses and cross cut saws and axes.

Two of my female cats had kitten. One only had two. The other, had hers somewhere by the shed. I have not found them yet. I am not sure this is good news as I already have seven cats. They are cute. Softy me cannot drown them, so I am stuck with them.

The best news is I finally got my water back on. What a luxury running water is. I have been hauling water for three months. I had to buy a new pump and wait until the ice shelf at the edge of the river melted so I could recover the jet and foot valve. It took over a weeks work, on and off, trying this and trying that to get the jet pump to pump water. They are tricky. a little air leak or fleck of dirt in the jet will prevent them from working. Mysteriously, and at the point I was about to give up and haul the new pump out to have it tested for a fault, the pressure built and delivered water to the house. This morning I got up and did three loads of laundry and took a shower, (Oh so needed!!!) With the sun shining and the people and animals content, IT IS A GOOD DAY!
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 5:11 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

I want to play in the sunshine too! But am having guests later in the week and trying to get things picked up inside and some baking done. Wahoooooooo water! Glad to read the water is back on. We know we can make it hauling water but it sure is a blessing to be able to turn the knob and see if flowing.

 
At 5:25 p.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Beautiful day: it's greening up very nicely, indeed. (BTW, I am glad that you eventually commented a month or two ago because I lost your link for a long time.)

 
At 6:32 p.m., Blogger J C said...

Thank goodness you finally got to take that shower Philip! I have been downwind of you for some time now! :)

In truth, it really is wonderful to be able to take turning on the fawcett for granted. I can't imagine living without running water, altho I did for a time when I was a child living in the country.

Ben is so cute.

 
At 12:48 p.m., Blogger Rachel said...

Not having running water would be a real pain! We are spoiled I'm afraid. When I was a kid we didn't have running water or bathrooms inside either!

I'm glad you're a softy for the kittens! I am too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home