DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Another Boo Boo!


I got another injury to my face. The same side as my torn eyelid. You can tell I am left handed as I injure the left side of my face most often.

















If I were a child there would be someone to kiss it better. As a single parent, certainly did my share of magical comfort kissing. Now I just have to tough it out, alas!

My sow Ruby did this to me. I was trying to cox the last of my boar piglets, Nuts, (June named him, tee, hee.) into a crate to I could transport him to his new owner. Ruby decided she wanted some of the feed I put inside. She put her nose under the edge and lifted the crate while my attention was on slamming the door shut. The corner caught me in the face and left a cut the shape of the corner. Oh! I have hurt myself!!! (almost enough to make me swear.)

Needless to say, I did not get Nuts crated up. I have been trying for a week to do so. I am trying to be smarter that a pig, so far he has managed to best me and push his way out before I can get the door closed. I will try again today.

No matter how familiar and calm you and your pet are, when they are big and powerful there is always a risk of them hurting you just doing what they naturally do. A pigs snout is a formidable digging and lifting tool.
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 10:43 a.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You don't looked pleased, and I don't blame you.

 
At 7:16 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

Ouch! I took my first husband to the ER several times from incidents with pigs. Mostly one sow that did not want you taking her babies and would charge at you and bite. Pig bites are nasty and Woody's was deep enough for stitches both times. Take care of yourself. Give yourself a hug and tell yourself its from me.

 
At 7:08 p.m., Blogger Rachel said...

Maybe you've got him crated by now! I think that would just about make a person swear. Looks pretty nasty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home