DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Friday, April 13, 2007

A Nasty Incident




















This is a much subdued Ben. He was attacked yesterday by my new neighbours bull terrrier.(I think). I hesitate to say "pit bull" but he had that muscular pugacious look. They no soon met nose to nose in a greeting on the road when the other dog grabbed Ben by the neck and had him pinned to the ground. I, at first, thought they would work it out and break with Ben running home. But the other dog was not going to let go. His mistress shouting at him could not make him let go and when she moved toward the dogs the bull terrier dragged Ben through the barb wire and onto the field still with a firm grip onBen.

With that I sprinted down the 200 yards to try to seperate them. I asked the girl for the stick she was carrying and when I threatened her dog with it he released Ben. who I held while the attacker ran home. Ben then retreated to our porch bleeding a little. I think his colar protected his neck somewhat for his injuries could have been worse.

The young neighbour was very apologetic and went off home after her dog.

Ben was left with a couple of puncture wounds: one on the back of his neck and one to the left side of his head beow his ear. He was carrying his head to the side a little and flicking his head. After a day of rest he is almost like his old self but somewhat subdued. He is not very playful with his friend Blackie. I think he still has some soreness.

Not too sore to chase a wolf back into the bush when I let him out this morning.

Welcome to the neighbourhood!
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 12:57 p.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I wouldn't think that chasing wolves would be all that healthy a pastime. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home